Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam

Options
  • 02-09-2010 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi got a lend of Empire Total war off my bro but steam wont let me install it ? is there any way to do this ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Its tied to His Steam account, You'll need his password and login to His Steam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Steam doesn't allow "lending"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

The only way to share it would be to login to his steam account on your pc and download the game. Then go to offline mode. You probably won't be able to play online but campaign mode should be ok. He can use account as normal after that while you're stuck in offline mode. Not really legit though if he planning on playing at same time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I thought that you could access your account from any computer - including the online aspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I thought that you could access your account from any computer - including the online aspect.

You can, but only one pc at a time

• Advertisement

If you login to steam online on a second pc, the first will be locked and you need to enter a password. I don't know if you can even go offline at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

FYI Empire - Total War is Total muck, if you enjoy them games, they fixed most of it with Napoleon - Total War, I'd advise getting that to save yourself much headache and grief,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Did he give you the retail version? I think it has to be activated through steam. If these are both the case you may have to have it deactivated on your brothers computer.

You'll have to use offline with his account. If you don't want to redownload, you can copy his Empire folder to your PC (DVD versions usually need to be updated after installed)

Advertisement