Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Hand Furniture/Clothes

Options
  • 02-09-2010 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭

I'm moving to Cork next week and was wondering does anyone know places that sell second hand furniture/clothes as I don't know the city that well yet.
    Appreciate any help and your time
    Thanks
    ~Sera
    Hug_You.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

ok so like pretty much all charity and second hand shops are down Paul street and Castle street past Roundy's bar. Have a wander round there and you should be ok for clothes and stuff. As for furniture you should check out the free section on:

www.cork.gumtree.ie
    www.adverts.ie
    www.donedeal.ie

they have loads of furniture and stuff second hand in cork but you'd often find some for free in the free stuff sections! Have fun looking and enjoy your move to Cork. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

nursemar88 wrote: »
    ok so like pretty much all charity and second hand shops are down Paul street and Castle street past Roundy's bar. Have a wander round there and you should be ok for clothes and stuff. As for furniture you should check out the free section on:

www.cork.gumtree.ie
    www.adverts.ie
    www.donedeal.ie

they have loads of furniture and stuff second hand in cork but you'd often find some for free in the free stuff sections! Have fun looking and enjoy your move to Cork. :D
    You're very good to me! Thank you so much for all your help
    Hopefully will enjoy my move now, one less thing to worry about trying to find

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

There are a lot of charity shops on North Main Street as well for second hand clothes. For the furniture you could also check out the Evening Echo on tuesdays as it has a free ads section in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

mudokon wrote: »
    There are a lot of charity shops on North Main Street as well for second hand clothes. For the furniture you could also check out the Evening Echo on tuesdays as it has a free ads section in it.
    I'll be spoiled for choice, lol, never would have thought of the paper, thanks very much ~

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

You could try here also: http://groups.freecycle.org/freecyclecork/description

Everything is free on it, its email based so it very much hit and miss but a good way of getting things you need for nothing!

• Advertisement
Advertisement