Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

changing tubes - is this normal?

• 02-09-2010 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

got a puncture this evening and went about changing to spare tube i had in my bag (i hate fixing punctures at the side of the road)

the new tube was 700*18 - 25C and the tyre is Shwalbe Delta Cruiser 700*28. Upon examination, the damaged tube is also 700*18 - 25 c.

Here's the thing: when inserting the new tube into the tyre i had about 2 inches left over, excess. That is, the tube did not sit neatly into the tyre when lightly inflated. Out of desperation I just stuffed it in and pumped it up. Weird thing is there were no lumps or bumps in the tyre. I lasted the 10 miles home and is still good.

Is this left over tubing normal? Should I replace for peace of mind? I don't remember the tube not fitting neatly before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Happens to me with some tubes. You will probably be fine, although once I inexplicably woke up in hospital after hearing a really loud bang. Never figured it out. But you should be fine. Check your health insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

justo wrote: »
    got a puncture this evening and went about changing to spare tube i had in my bag (i hate fixing punctures at the side of the road)

the new tube was 700*18 - 25C and the tyre is Shwalbe Delta Cruiser 700*28. Upon examination, the damaged tube is also 700*18 - 25 c.

Here's the thing: when inserting the new tube into the tyre i had about 2 inches left over, excess. That is, the tube did not sit neatly into the tyre when lightly inflated. Out of desperation I just stuffed it in and pumped it up. Weird thing is there were no lumps or bumps in the tyre. I lasted the 10 miles home and is still good.

Is this left over tubing normal? Should I replace for peace of mind? I don't remember the tube not fitting neatly before.
    see it on a pretty regular basis in the shop and haven't had any problems as yet. I wouldn't worry about it.

Advertisement