Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to upgrade or should I keep another while?

Options
  • 02-09-2010 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi,

I bought a Dell 730x about a year ago
    i7 965 extreme factory overclocked watercooled
    6 Gigs Tri Channel Memory (Probably Dells own brand)
    Dual Nvidia GTX 280 1 Gig Graphics Cards
    Dual 32 Gig Intel X-25E SSDs (SLC Memory) in Raid 0 (use this for OS etc)
    1 TeraByte Samsung HD for the other stuff.

Its a nice machine looks well with loads of flashy lights inside and outside it and it boots up windows 7 pretty quick and plays counterstrike good lol.

Just wondering is there any point in selling it to build a machine with the sata 6GB/s and USB 3.0 to take advantage of those newer techs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Hi,

I bought a Dell 730x about a year ago
    i7 965 extreme factory overclocked watercooled
    6 Gigs Tri Channel Memory (Probably Dells own brand)
    Dual Nvidia GTX 280 1 Gig Graphics Cards
    Dual 32 Gig Intel X-25E SSDs (SLC Memory) in Raid 0 (use this for OS etc)
    1 TeraByte Samsung HD for the other stuff.

Its a nice machine looks well with loads of flashy lights inside and outside it and it boots up windows 7 pretty quick and plays counterstrike good lol.

Just wondering is there any point in selling it to build a machine with the sata 6GB/s and USB 3.0 to take advantage of those newer techs?

no. no point at all. only thing to upgrade is the gfx card at somestage. otherwise you are wasting money.

Advertisement