Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafe Metz Closed Down?

Options
  • 02-09-2010 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

A friend just text me to say Cafe Metz is closed down? :confused:

Anyone hear anything? I thought it was doing great? Always packed when i'm in? I love the penne pasta they do!! Hope its not true! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭peejay1986

They did an amazing fry. Used to skip a few classes in college so I could head down there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Old news lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

That will leave Williamsons mall very quiet, with mizus nice cafe gone as well recently, thats a bit of a cull of coffee shops in town:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Can someone tell me what happened to Metz ?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭BrianSlipknot

I was shocked too. Passed by it yesterday and all shutters down, around 2pm. Thought it was doing well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

What???!!! Ah tits i loved that place :( Hasnt been the same since it blew up a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

KeithM89 wrote: »
    What???!!! Ah tits i loved that place :( Hasnt been the same since it blew up a few years back
    The FFF claimed responsibilty for that one:pac:
    (I hear)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 koptart

I was in it last week for lunch. The food and service were second to none. It was fairly packed and most of them were teachers in St Vincents - I recognised some of them from many moons ago. In saying that it was 50 euro for 2 adults and 2 kids. We just had mains and a mineral each.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 6 dunne08

landlord put up their rent significantly !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

dunne08 wrote: »
    landlord put up their rent significantly !

possibly a move to get them out in preparation for the redevelopment? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 6 dunne08

well they hadnt done their deal, so prob a cheap way to get them out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

I hope they open elsewhere... Would be great to see it.. They could turn that old furniture shop across the road into a deadly restaurant! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jockey 1

Think they could have made a better go of it if they opened in the evenings also, and not just the hours that suited ... in todays climate i doubt if landlord put rent up - more likely it come down ! Think they jus wanted to close the doors anyway and it was easy to blame it on rent !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Commericial rents don't "come down" for incumbent tenants in Ireland.
    If the business was viable it would still be open. Perhaps they'll re-open someplace else with a more realistic landlord.

Advertisement