Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diseqc Switch Problem - Astra 1 and 2

• 02-09-2010 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Me again with another issue. I have Astra 1 on 1 dish and astra 2 on a sky dish with a feed from each connected to a diseqc switch. This is then connected to a dm500s.

LNB 1 is 19E, LNB 2 is 28E.

Only 28E is working for some reason. Both were working perfectly two days ago.

I tried switching the 19E to lnb 2 port on the switch and vice versa but then only 19E worked.

Any suggestions??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

mossy464 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Me again with another issue. I have Astra 1 on 1 dish and astra 2 on a sky dish with a feed from each connected to a diseqc switch. This is then connected to a dm500s.

LNB 1 is 19E, LNB 2 is 28E.

Only 28E is working for some reason. Both were working perfectly two days ago.

I tried switching the 19E to lnb 2 port on the switch and vice versa but then only 19E worked.

Any suggestions??

Is it a 2 way switch or a 4 way switch? If so try another port?
    Have you got the port 1 set to port 1 on the receiver? Try None as the setting for port 1.

Try another receiver which will rule out the DM, then if that doesnt work its the switch, they are cheap enough now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭mossy464

Its a 4 way switch.

Tried putting 28E in port 3 but still no joy. Port 1 is 0 on the receiver. Port 2 is 1.

Tried another receiver and still only one satellite working. It must be a faulty switch. Is there any stores that stock the switches in cork maybe or can you only get them online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

Don't forget to rule out the cables from the switch to the LNBs. Eg., if a cable is working from port 1 to 19E lnb, try the same cable in port 2 to 28E lnb.

EDIT: Also, I don't know anything about dreamboxes, but are you sure that port 1 is 0, 2 is 1, etc? Seems bit illogical to me. Perhaps 0 is to not use diseqc, 1 is 1, 2 is 2, etc. I notice on my own switch that when I set up a sat not to use diseqc, it will still connect to whatever lnb is connected to port 1 (thus, I have 28E lnb connected to port 1, so that if I ever need to use a Sky digibox to check something, the signal and commands can still get through the switch). It might explain why you're getting 19E on 0, but it's also then finding 19E transponders when you think you've switched to 28E.

If that makes any sense?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭mossy464

Well changed the lnb for astra 19 to port 4 and now both are working.

So now its:

LNB Port 2, Astra 28

LNB Port 4, Astra 19

I'll be adding hotbird in the next few days so i hope the switch works with that also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

mossy464 wrote: »
    Well changed the lnb for astra 19 to port 4 and now both are working.

So now its:

LNB Port 2, Astra 28

LNB Port 4, Astra 19

I'll be adding hotbird in the next few days so i hope the switch works with that also

Glad to hear you got it working.Sounds like a faulty port(s) on the switch then.You can buy a new 4way one from satellitetv.ie for about 20 yoyos.I can vouch for them as I have 2 myself in use and never had a problem with them.

*EDIT* See here

• Advertisement
Advertisement