Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knocked down Sparrows Nest, 5 nestling, what to do?

Options
  • 02-09-2010 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭

I took down a nest from the eve of the house this evening, we thought all the sparrows had gone but it wasn't until I took it down I saw them.
    They parents were flying around for a while, didn't know what to do so stuck the nest in a cardboard box on the roof with the 5 nestlings in it with the remains of the nest, I think there about 7 days old.
    Any ideas what I should do to give these little guys the best chance at survival, is it possible the parents will find the box on the roof?

Edit: Could someone move this to the correct forum, only saw it now, tks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Hopefully they will start feeding them once they hear them calling, check out the website wildlifematters.ie for more help though.

Advertisement