Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fetac level 6 in childcare

Options
  • 02-09-2010 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

im going starting this course but was told i have to do two days work experience aswell as three days in the colledge its the two days work experience im woundering bout must it be done everyday for the whole course its just i have two kids and cant afford five days child minders

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

Check with your centre but as far as I am aware you will need to do the 2 days for the duration of the course. The Level 6 childcare is very intense and requires a lot of time spent in the workplace. If you do not attend for the 2 days for the duration of the course the PLC/FE centre will ahve to amrk you absence for the time you are not on placement. Where are you studying ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rebecca10

mallow college and would you know anything about the type of work it involves, projectwise etc? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

For FETAC courses, you have to complete a certain amount of work experience days, so unless the college will allow you to start earlier and do days over the holidays or something, you'll have to do the two days.

The list of modules covered is on the Mallow website. On www.fetac.ie, you'll find a list of modules here. Clicking on each brings up a description. On the last few pages of the descriptor, you'll find how the marking sheet, which shows how the module is divided and how you get your marks. This should give you an idea of assignments, projects and practical work that needs to be done.

Advertisement