Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cracking PSP for video playback

Options
  • 02-09-2010 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all, I've a PSP 3000 and was annoyed to find it can't play typical videos that I have built up and ready to watch during by 3 hours of commuting each day when I'm back in college. I'm just looking for a way to crack it to install a media player that'll support .avi's. Conversion would be the other option but converting a GB or so of video every evening would be annoying and for new files it's not really an option first thing in the morning. Being able to play some old ROMs wouldn't be an awful downside either.
    Any help gladly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Having another look at this for you this morning, for your model it seems there is only one way to do it - Custom Firmware Enabler 3.70 is the name of the exploit. I have found a clean link for this but can't post it for obvious reasons, but it's out there.

The custom firmware you want is CFW 5.03, but there are other methods of doing tit too. CHickHEN R2 has cropped up, as a method to install the Prometheus CFW 5.03. The above should get you started though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Unfortunately I'm on firmware 6.31 and any downloads I've come across are for 5.something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

amacachi wrote: »
    Unfortunately I'm on firmware 6.31 and any downloads I've come across are for 5.something.

Ah, thats the end of the road then I think. 5.03 or lower only from the guides I've looked at.

Advertisement