Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm a director and need advice for a pension?

Options
  • 02-09-2010 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi there,

I have a limited company which is showing a profit and I'd like to start a pension to help reduce my tax liability and also save for my retirement. I'm entering my late 50s and don't have a pension yet :eek:

I plan on moving back to Canada in 10 years or so and would like to bring my pension with me... or can I invest in a pension outside of Ireland right now?

I'm trying to gather quotes and advice from as many sources and thought I'd put it out to the boards community to help point me in the right direction.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭eagle_i

Kbolt wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have a limited company which is showing a profit and I'd like to start a pension to help reduce my tax liability and also save for my retirement. I'm entering my late 50s and don't have a pension yet :eek:

I plan on moving back to Canada in 10 years or so and would like to bring my pension with me... or can I invest in a pension outside of Ireland right now?

I'm trying to gather quotes and advice from as many sources and thought I'd put it out to the boards community to help point me in the right direction.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

With respect Kbolt, no adviser can give you accurate advice to suit your circumstances without knowing your full finanical details. Life Insurance, investments and Pensions are tailored to suit your personal situation. Unless you are willing to put up on the boards full details of your personal/company's financial situation (which I do not advise) you will only end up with so many conflicting advises, it will be totally confusing.

Advertisement