Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a great ISP

• 02-09-2010 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Im living in swords have just about finished up with vodafone 'nightmare' having previously being with BT 'very happy' I was thinking of eircom NGB but having read a few threads down im now reconsidering

I need calls and BB so who should i go for ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

UPC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Anyone know if UPC have a decent level of service in swords

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

+1 UPC - - Cheapest and best, no brainer if it's available to you.

hooked line and sinkered

was just looking at there website now i know my line can ony handle 8meg so there's no point going for anything higher than that

whats this about 15 and 30 meg speeds

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

luckyfrank wrote: »
    hooked line and sinkered

was just looking at there website now i know my line can ony handle 8meg so there's no point going for anything higher than that

whats this about 15 and 30 meg speeds
    UPC doesn't use your landline.

So if UPC can provide you broadband through their own network, then you'll be able to get 30mb, and they're likely to upgrade to 100mb in the near future.

I think 30mb with UPC is cheaper than 8mb with Eircom tbh. Maybe someone else can confirm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

I was on 15mb with UPC, downgraded to 5 just to see if I really needed the extra 10, and I didn't.

Unless you're downloading huge volumes, 5 mb should do yo fine. FWIW, mine never drops much below 5, other isp's are flakey.

gleep wrote: »
    I was on 15mb with UPC, downgraded to 5 just to see if I really needed the extra 10, and I didn't.

Unless you're downloading huge volumes, 5 mb should do yo fine. FWIW, mine never drops much below 5, other isp's are flakey.

All i use it for is to play xbox and surf the net the wife uses the phone alot though 8 meg and the phone should be enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

Yup, I have the 30mb UPC. Awesome. After years of Irish Broadband and the shocking Eircom

Anyone esle hate odering online i always feel there a catch, free connection a router

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

I just ordered UPC 30mb too. Check the sticky mega speed thread on top of the page and all the UPC customers are getting very close to what they should have. Eircom and Voda canbe dodgy and most people are getting nowhere what they're paying for.

I started ordering online and ended up ringing them. I was glad I did as I got a lot of info over the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

luckyfrank wrote: »
    Im living in swords have just about finished up with vodafone 'nightmare' having previously being with BT 'very happy' I was thinking of eircom NGB but having read a few threads down im now reconsidering

I need calls and BB so who should i go for ?

936602419.png

Advertisement