Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blond

Options
  • 02-09-2010 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

A blond goes into an electrical store after seeing a television she liked in its window. The blond goes up to the assistant behind the counter and asks can she buy the television in the window. The assistant says; "No, you're blond." Irritated, the blond comes back the next day wearing a brown wig and asks a different assistant if she can buy the television in the window. The assistant replies; "No, you're blond." Thouroughly exasperated the blond comes back to the shop a third day- this time wearing a red wig. She asks yet a different assistant can she buy the television, and for a third time gets the response; "No, you're blond". Extremely annoyed at this point the blond asks angrily; "How do you know I'm a blond?!". The assistant responds; "Because thats not a television in the window, its a microwave."

Comments

Id just put that down to bad labelling to be honest. I mean surely the store could've pointed out that it was a microwave on the first day, and perhaps tried to sell the lady a TV that they did have in stock?

It took three attempts before a sales assistant was willing to inform her of her mistake? A letter of complaint to the manager would certainly be in order, in my opinion. She might even get a voucher out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

Id just put that down to bad labelling to be honest. I mean surely the store could've pointed out that it was a microwave on the first day, and perhaps tried to sell the lady a TV that they did have in stock?

It took three attempts before a sales assistant was willing to inform her of her mistake? A letter of complaint to the manager would certainly be in order, in my opinion. She might even get a voucher out of it.

Your not really getting this humour thing are you?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I think, not only does he get it, he might be good at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭youtheman

TomTom wrote: »
    I think, not only does he get it, he might be good at it.

My sentiments exactly. Brilliant response.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

It's actually good that she didn't complain about the shop assisstant or he could have been sacked. Another person on the dole isn't what this country needs right now.
    Perhaps the assisstant just needs some help on a retraining programme.
    I hope the blonde eventually got her tv and remembered to get a licence for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

I think the op was simply pointing out the latent discrimination that still permeates this morally bankrupt country. Perhaps a political forum might be more appropriate.

The sales assistant could not see past the blonde hair, so he/she did not care whether the victim of this hate crime wanted a tv or microwave, he/she simply would not serve her (assming that it was a female blonde, which serves only to perpetute the myth that only female blondes are thick, when, in fact, we know that male blondes can be equally thicker, so they can)

Humour indeed, if you're not cursed with flowing golden hair.

Of course, the o.p. failed to point out that she had big knockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

deadwood wrote: »
    I think the op was simply pointing out the latent discrimination that still permeates this morally bankrupt country.

Why yes, that was my intention exactly:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

I think the fact that this blonde had no E at the end of blond is another case of blonde discrimination in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

I think that the problem here is not that the lady had blond hair, but the fact she was wearing a bra.

Electrical shops have notoriously cold air conditioning to keeo appliances cool, so if she had been courtious enough to not wear a bra I am 100% positive she would have recieved a proper 'service' from the staff member(s) alongside a nice 42"... TV, microwave and three year warranty.

She was obviously never thought how to correctly use her assets.

Advertisement