Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteers Needed in Kilcullen

Options
  • 02-09-2010 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Can you spare just 3 1/2 hours a week? Vincents Charity Shop in Kilcullen is in urgent need of volunteers for afternoons and Saturdays. Running the till, pressing clothes and sorting donations—there’s always something to keep you busy and help a worthy cause at the same time. No experience necessary; training is provided. If you can help out, just call by the shop Monday through Saturday 10am to 5pm to pick up an application form or ring 045 480785.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭amtaxi

This thread really annoys me - I called in to the shop last week to offer my services for 5-6 hours per week. I explained to the lady that I would be available 2 days but would have to leave at 3 to collect children from school ... wasn't good enough - didn't suit her rota! I originally thought it would be useful to allow lunchtimes for people or to help out in the back sorting clothes etc. Lady was quite rude and embarrased me in front of people in shop! So the help "needed" is obviously not that urgent!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭redalicat

I'm sorry that you had that experience. I have no idea why that would have happened. I am only a volunteer and have posted this because the shop supervisor mentioned the difficulty in adequate numbers of volunteers.

Advertisement