Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GNR -last night lots of unsavory characters at 02

Options
  • 02-09-2010 10:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

im not happy with the disrespect a lot of Dublin knackers showed Mr Rose last night -made me ashamed to be Irish

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Someone from the o2 crew should have said about the delay instead of letting people wait around not knowing whats going on.
    The crowd should not have reacted like they did but its understandable.
    As for the band, whats new there? (More so axl)

Overall, a great night ruined by all involved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

From being there myself and being in contact with others a lot of the booing came from Dublin scumbags who showed no class at all while their country brothers showed more resiliance to the difficulties .there was a jackeen twang off the boos if i do say so myself -feckin scuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Did anybody else catch a glimps of the fellow who was walking around with three river rock bottles full of piss ? Iv never been so disgusted by another human being in all my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

im not happy with the disrespect a lot of Dublin knackers showed Mr Rose last night -made me ashamed to be Irish

Cool your jets there, was quite a few countrywide knackers judging by the accents in the O2 last night.

As for being ashamed, thats up to yourself, there's only one man who should of been ashamed this morning.

bohsboy wrote: »
    Cool your jets there, was quite a few countrywide knackers judging by the accents in the O2 last night.

As for being ashamed, thats up to yourself, there's only one man who should of been ashamed this morning.
    majority of the booing came from jackeens -see country people like myself dont go all the way up there to boo axl .
    obviously there was some farmers at it aswell but the majority were jackeens and the odds on the bottle throwers been jackeens are 5/4 on with paddypowers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You release a fairly weak album. You tour to promote it. You give the two fingers to your fans by not bothering your arse to start at a reasonable time and at some gigs you also leave early (for whatever reason).
    As I said in another thread, you have to earn respect.
    I've been at several gigs over the last 25 years (mostly but not all metal). I don't recall any other band ever coming on late. However, I don't recall the band ever being bottled.

As for the "Dublin knackers" - how did you manage to find out that they were all from Dublin? You sure did a lot of mingling during the "intermission"!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I thought i'd stumbled into After Hours!:eek:

From being there myself and being in contact with others a lot of the booing came from Dublin scumbags who showed no class at all while their country brothers showed more resiliance to the difficulties .there was a jackeen twang off the boos if i do say so myself -feckin scuts
    are you for real? :eek:

majority of the booing came from jackeens -see country people like myself dont go all the way up there to boo axl .
    obviously there was some farmers at it aswell but the majority were jackeens and the odds on the bottle throwers been jackeens are 5/4 on with paddypowers
    I think you are being for real!
    :eek:
    Christ!
    FFS

Travelled seven hours in total to and from the gig myself, but did meet one Limerick guy in the smoking area who was roaring and shouting, trying to round up people to storm the dressing room. I might lay those bottle throwing odds with Betfair and make a tidy sum....;)

• Advertisement

kbannon wrote: »
    You release a fairly weak album. You tour to promote it. You give the two fingers to your fans by not bothering your arse to start at a reasonable time and at some gigs you also leave early (for whatever reason).
    As I said in another thread, you have to earn respect.
    I've been at several gigs over the last 25 years (mostly but not all metal). I don't recall any other band ever coming on late. However, I don't recall the band ever being bottled.

As for the "Dublin knackers" - how did you manage to find out that they were all from Dublin? You sure did a lot of mingling during the "intermission"!
    i never said they were all from dublin i said most were i reckon 3/4 s of the booing came from jackeens -ye have the 02 on your doorstep and **** on bands because ye can well done

kbannon wrote: »
    I think you are being for real!
    :eek:
    Christ!
    FFS
    :D:p

i never said they were all from dublin i said most were i reckon 3/4 s of the booing came from jackeens -ye have the 02 on your doorstep and **** on bands because ye can well done

Slight difficulty working this out, so what you're saying is Dublin people treat bands poorly in the O2? How was this assumption made?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Piss off back down to the stix then if you dont like dublin. I'm a dub, I was at the gig, and yea I was booing him and shouting abuse.

Not because Im a scumbag, but because Im not guna get ridden up the arse for e70 by some primadonna scumbag.

Lil chune for ya pal :

Slight difficulty working this out, so what you're saying is Dublin people treat bands poorly in the O2? How was this assumption made?
    Apparently he met them all during the intermission!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

/Ignores most of rubbish said here

Reading about this and other threads in recent times on gigs it seems there is a worrying trend developing at bigger shows, and the throwing of beer and the bottle'o'piss. Maybe I'm just getting old but as a concert veteran of over 200 it seems that I'm hearing about more unpleasantness in the last 6 months at gigs than the last 10 years :(.

Scumbag element seems to be creeping back into concerts that I haven't seen since the early 90's. There are always pissed dickheads at gigs but there seems to be a nastiness to them recently and more of them? Age and where they are from is not a factor as was suggested though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

I suppose the organisers of the Reading & Leeds festival are Dublin knackers and jackeen scuts too? Nothing to do with Axl being a **** or anything.

last nights treatment of mr rose was deplorable yes axl ****ed up but you expect that hes axl :eek:booed and assaulted with a bottle disgraceful we were lucky he came back on majority of crowd were dubs i spoke to nearly everyone there ;)

I suppose the organisers of the Reading & Leeds festival are Dublin knackers and jackeen scuts too? Nothing to do with Axl being a **** or anything.
    nah ill leave them off that one :p

last nights treatment of mr rose was deplorable yes axl ****ed up but you expect that hes axl :eek:booed and assaulted with a bottle disgraceful we were lucky he came back on majority of crowd were dubs i spoke to nearly everyone there ;)

Oh yeah, remember you now, where you the fella with the big moobs and halitosis? :confused:

• Advertisement

OK then - I'll bite again.
    Name me one band/artist that played here but appeared about 90 minutes late (for no particular reason) and wasn't booed?
    In fact name a band who did this irrespective of the boos!

I recall Faith No More who were doing Top of the Pops in London and ended up being late for the gig in the Top Hat. However, they apologised for being late and did a full gig. At no point can I recall any abuse from their fans because they had a genuine reason and also apologised.

kona wrote: »
    Piss off back down to the stix then if you dont like dublin. I'm a dub, I was at the gig, and yea I was booing him and shouting abuse.

Not because Im a scumbag, but because Im not guna get ridden up the arse for e70 by some primadonna scumbag.

Lil chune for ya pal :

:D:D heh heh

Oh yeah, remember you now, where you the fella with the big moobs and halitosis? :confused:
    no i was the fella on stage with the guitar :p

no i was the fella on stage with the guitar :p

Heh heh, oh lord.........:o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Too many threads been made on this subject.

And I have to say, that's the first time I've heard the word "Jakeen", was never even aware of it until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fallen01angel

Yes the bottle throwing incidents were stupid,I don't know what the liquids were,but if it's true they were pee that's just wrong wrong wrong:eek: But it's just plain stupidity to get worked up about whether country jackeens OR Dublin knackers or whatever of throwing them.However I can't understand some people's mentality with the "Oh for God's sake it's Axl Rose this is what he does" or "He's a douche you expect if from him." It's not acceptable for ANY band to treat their fans who pay hard earned money to come see them and enjoy their music.People seem to think that because it's Mr Rose it's ok to act like an arse without consequences,well on Wed night people had enough.Again I'm definately not condoning the bottle throwing but Axl Rose showed nothing but contempt for his fans:mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

kona wrote: »
    I'm a dub, I was at the gig, and yea I was booing him and shouting abuse.

So yeah, when was the last time booing and verbal abuse motivated you to do something :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Denny M wrote: »
    Too many threads been made on this subject.

And I have to say, that's the first time I've heard the word "Jakeen", was never even aware of it until now.

Really? Jackeen and Culchie were part of the everyday vernacular when I was a kid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

mp3guy wrote: »
    So yeah, when was the last time booing and verbal abuse motivated you to do something :rolleyes:

Have to say having been raped rigorously for years by promoters and ticket agents for what has very often been sub-standard product it was heartening to hear people protest about this. Whether they were from Dublin or not is moot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

bluefinger wrote: »
    Have to say having been raped rigorously for years by promoters and ticket agents for what has very often been sub-standard product it was heartening to hear people protest about this. Whether they were from Dublin or not is moot.

Paying €70 to protest about the same service you paid €70 for just seems a bit counter-intuitive to me.

Advertisement