Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GNR -last night lots of unsavory characters at 02

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

mike65 wrote: »
    Really? Jackeen and Culchie were part of the everyday vernacular when I was a kid
    Yeah, we have culchie, but not jakeen. I dunno, maybe it's just where I live..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭MingulayJohnny

calex71 wrote: »
    /Ignores most of rubbish said here

Reading about this and other threads in recent times on gigs it seems there is a worrying trend developing at bigger shows, and the throwing of beer and the bottle'o'piss. Maybe I'm just getting old but as a concert veteran of over 200 it seems that I'm hearing about more unpleasantness in the last 6 months at gigs than the last 10 years :(.

Scumbag element seems to be creeping back into concerts that I haven't seen since the early 90's. There are always pissed dickheads at gigs but there seems to be a nastiness to them recently and more of them? Age and where they are from is not a factor as was suggested though.

Amen , I've been chastised lately and accused of being way too sensitive when talking about the behaviour of the pissed dickheads that you describe. But I think that it has escalated recently , which is why I tend to stick to smaller gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

In before this thread is merged with the other one. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

mp3guy wrote: »
    Paying €70 to protest about the same service you paid €70 for just seems a bit counter-intuitive to me.

i don't think anyone paid to protest, what i was alluding to was that in the past my experience of these types of situations people very seldom make waves. in an age of apathy it's heartening to hear people vent their frustrations for once. :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

On a side note, Jackeen has to be one of the worst insults thrown around

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

So yeah, when was the last time booing and verbal abuse motivated you to do something :rolleyes:

when I managed to get 14,000 people to pay e70 to see essentially a tribute act performing with remnants of the actual band.

14k x 70 =

980,000 euro the crowd paid, now I dunno what axl got from this but You can boo me and throw plastic at me for that.

Footballers get much worse abuse, amateur refs in the park get worse treatment.

If Axl cant handle being booed and a hostile crowd hes in the wrong game, especially considering his history.

" If you got the money honey we got your disease" Ya right, axl seems to have relocated from the jungle to beverly hills

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

kona wrote: »
    If Axl cant handle being booed and a hostile crowd hes in the wrong game, especially considering his history.

Well, if the "fans" in the crowd knew anything about him and his history they'd know he'd be late and they'd know he'd walk off if booed. They ruined it for themselves. Sure, he was late, nothing you can do to turn back time. And all booing will do is get you a short set.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Denny M wrote: »
    Yeah, we have culchie, but not jakeen. I dunno, maybe it's just where I live..
    it's culchie talk

Well, if the "fans" in the crowd knew anything about him and his history they'd know he'd be late and they'd know he'd walk off if booed. They ruined it for themselves. Sure, he was late, nothing you can do to turn back time. And all booing will do is get you a short set.

Most The fans in the crowd didnt know anything, I was up at the barrier(bruised ribs as a souvenier) Looked back, the crowd had metal heads there but the bulk was made up of "Greatest Hits" fans (term stolen from a review I read).
    Axl ruined it, Im not gunna cheer him for being late, what gob****e would do that, he got abuse and deservedly so.
    Thats the problem with this country, the majority are only too happy to take it up the ass, then the minority that air their dissatisfaction are alienated and looked down upon.
    If he pulled that in the USA there would have been a full scale riot, Oh wait he did in st louis and that ended in mayhem.

The 02 got off lightly, GnR is a Hard Rock band not barbera Streisand. I reckon if the place rioted and wrecked the place MCD would have been out of business.
    Im just glad those ***** aint running WASP or any other gigs I go to mainly, they can learn alot from DME.

FWIW I expected him to be late, I stayed as I expected him to be back because he needs the $$$, I DID NOT expect him to piss off because he was being booed and **** was being flung at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

GnR is a Hard Rock band not barbera Streisand.

Barbra is her name

• Advertisement

it's culchie talk

Its a insult about 1916 , hed get a box in the face if he called me that to the face.

Jemmaa wrote: »
    Barbra is her name

Cudnt give a ****e, shes rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

im not happy with the disrespect a lot of Dublin knackers showed Mr Rose last night -made me ashamed to be Irish

I'm not happy with the disrespect Mr Rose showed a lot of Dublin fans last night - made me ashamed to be a GnR fan (the real GnR that is not Axls self satisfying and painful murdering of a memory)

If the "fans" in the crowd knew anything about him and his history they would have gone out and bought the back catalogue instead of paying e70 to see a completely different band than the earlier one of the same name.

Also GnR is not a "hard rock" band, they were mainstream rock back in the day, it doesn't diminish them in the slightest to admit that.

Just my 2cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Thats the problem with this country, the majority are only too happy to take it up the ass, then the minority that air their dissatisfaction are alienated and looked down upon.

Thread about a gig; Not national politics. Scope.
    I reckon if the place rioted and wrecked the place MCD would have been out of business.

Doubtful.

Also GnR is not a "hard rock" band, they were mainstream rock back in the day, it doesn't diminish them in the slightest to admit that.

Just my 2cents.

LOL

Never heard anybody class them as anything but Hardrock.

Back in the 1980s Hardrock was the mainstream. Now we got "indie" oh how we have regressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Does this mean we can talk about MCD gigs and/or Oxegen on boards.ie again?!?!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

WHere have you been for the last age?

Advertisement