Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thank God its Friday....internationals?? wtf?

• 02-09-2010 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

When did this happen? Is Friday the new Saturday and Tueaday the new Wednesday? Did UEFA have a sensible brainwave for a change?

European Championship Qualifying
    Armenia v Rep of Ireland, Gp B, 16:00
    Kazakhstan v Turkey, Gp A, 17:00
    Andorra v Russia, Gp B, 17:30
    Moldova v Finland, Gp E, 17:30
    Faroe Islands v Serbia, Gp C, 18:00
    Montenegro v Wales, Gp G, 18:30
    Latvia v Croatia, Gp F, 19:00
    Romania v Albania, Gp D, 19:00
    Sweden v Hungary, Gp E, 19:00
    Lithuania v Scotland, Gp I, 19:15
    Luxembourg v Bosnia-Hercegovina, Gp D, 19:15
    Estonia v Italy, Gp C, 19:30
    Slovakia v FYR Macedonia, Gp B, 19:30
    Belgium v Germany, Gp A, 19:45
    Greece v Georgia, Gp F, 19:45
    Liechtenstein v Spain, Gp I, 19:45
    San Marino v Netherlands, Gp E, 19:45
    Slovenia v Northern Ireland, Gp C, 19:45
    England v Bulgaria, Gp G, 20:00
    France v Belarus, Gp D, 20:00
    Iceland v Norway, Gp H, 20:00
    Portugal v Cyprus, Gp H, 20:45

G'wan Faroes!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The game is on at 4, i did not know that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Think it has to do with clubs whining about the amount of time their employees are absent. :eek:

Also 16.00 kickoff sucks. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

To be fair, its wouldnt be on at four if it was on in Dublin, its only because of the different timezone Armenia are in

My phone's world clock tells me that Armenia are 4 hours ahead of us so in reality the game is on at 8 o clock local time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

d22ontour wrote: »
    Think it has to do with clubs whining about the amount of time their employees are absent. :eek:

Also 16.00 kickoff sucks. :(

Ironically, due to the timing of it, a lot of Irish workplaces will have employees absent by the looks of things. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Are all double-header qualifiers going to be like this now, Friday, followed by a Tuesday?

Its like when we used to be in primary school and the whole school used to assemble in the hall to watch the Ireland matches on the big telly because the games used to kick off in the early afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

flahavaj wrote: »
    Are all double-header qualifiers going to be like this now, Friday, followed by a Tuesday?

Its like when we used to be in primary school and the whole school used to assemble in the hall to watch the Ireland matches on the big telly because the games used to kick off in the early afternoon.

Ah the old days, not a jot of work done all morning thanks to the excitement.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

flahavaj wrote: »

Back in the day when an Ireland match could bring the country to a standstill! Reminds me of this video that popped up in Cool Vids forum a while back. No matter how well Ireland do, we'll never see days like these anymore :(

Archimedes wrote: »
    Back in the day when an Ireland match could bring the country to a standstill! Reminds me of this video that popped up in Cool Vids forum a while back. No matter how well Ireland do, we'll never see days like these anymore :(

Ah lord, makes me kinda sad watching that. The innocence of it all.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I know :(

And it wasn't just the football, I remember we were all called into the gym, and they had a big television set up with loads of chairs for us all to watch Sonia O'Sullivan in some race! Those were the days.

I know :(

And it wasn't just the football, I remember we were all called into the gym, and they had a big television set up with loads of chairs for us all to watch Sonia O'Sullivan in some race! Those were the days.

Getting up at 7am on a Saturday morning to watch Carruth and McCullough box for gold as well. It all seemed so much more important back then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I disagree..i remember when we qualified for 2002..the place went daft. Ive no doubt the place will go mental once again when we qualify for euro 2012!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

That's a great video , haven't seen it before . You gotta laugh at the fashion & the size of peoples glasses in it! I may well have only been 7 but il never forget that day we beat Romania & my Dad leaping up onto our window sill & roaring out the window for about 5 minutes! Good times :)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Great vid, thanks.

It's funny watching shows like that and Reeling in the years at how Irish women actually look sans all the expensive grooming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Any radio station covering our game this eve anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Should be finished work at 4:30 so hoping to get all the 2nd half of this game.

All streams in work are banned so we cant access any of them since the WC :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Going to miss the Ireland match. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

Oh yes me and a crowd from work are finishin up at 3 and headin straight down to the pub for this one. Can't wait :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I'm off at 4 and heading down to the courtyard, hoping the weather we had yesterday comes out again today :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Stupid time for todays qualifiers alright. May try get a stream in work. Not out of here till 5 so will have to get home pronto for the second half. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Didn't realise the game was on today, and at 4pm no less. Good excuse to take off from work early I suppose, especially when the boss is out.

Come on you boys in green!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

gonna miss the first half of the game today I reckon.... burger and chips for lunch in work today so have to stop into the gym on the way home. Oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Finishing up at 3.

COME ON IRELAND

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Didn't realise the game was on today, and at 4pm no less. Good excuse to take off from work early I suppose, especially when the boss is out.

Come on you boys in green!

I'd be doing the same only for I was a no show on Monday after the Kildare game.

Cant be doing in twice in one week. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I'm starting work at 4 :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Not in work til 8. Sweet :D Might go watch the game over a pint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

nicklauski wrote: »
    I'd be doing the same only for I was a no show on Monday after the Kildare game.

Cant be doing in twice in one week. :D

Chance it! I won't be in on Monday after the Kilkenny match on Sunday! :pac:

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Chance it! I won't be in on Monday after the Kilkenny match on Sunday! :pac:

I nearly would :D The boss is in the UK till monday, so he wouldnt know. But the rest of the ratting bastárds in here would :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Stupid time for todays qualifiers alright. May try get a stream in work. Not out of here till 5 so will have to get home pronto for the second half. :mad:

The match is been shown live on rte website.

http://www.rte.ie/live/

The match is been shown live on rte website.

http://www.rte.ie/live/

Good man Carroller :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

As said earlier the 4 hour time difference is why its on at 4, stupid being on a Friday though i agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

MOG7 wrote: »
    As said earlier the 4 hour time difference is why its on at 4, stupid being on a Friday though i agree.

RTE probably didn't pay enough to make it worth for them to switch the time. The germans play next month in Kasachstan, and the game will be on at 19.45 German time, which is 23.45 local time in Astana. Most likely just due to the money they pay them for the TV rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

gonna miss the first half of the game today I reckon.... burger and chips for lunch in work today so have to stop into the gym on the way home. Oh well.

That's the worst excuse in the history of excuses for missing an Ireland game.

Shame on you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

DubDani wrote: »
    RTE probably didn't pay enough to make it worth for them to switch the time. The germans play next month in Kasachstan, and the game will be on at 19.45 German time, which is 23.45 local time in Astana. Most likely just due to the money they pay them for the TV rights.

It's likely to be their main source of revenue for the year as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

G'wan Belarus. :pac:

Ahhh 4 o clock is nice for people not in work today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

gavredking wrote: »
    Should be finished work at 4:30 so hoping to get all the 2nd half of this game.

All streams in work are banned so we cant access any of them since the WC :(

Even the RTE website one?

Christ on a bike!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

used to love games on a wednesday night,broke up the week very well, and the saturday games were better than friday nights,for anyone in work trying to get to a friday night game from outside of dublin is going to be a nightmare, saturdays just suited better,could go out after the match or go out just in time for it and would be always a good atmosphere around them!like france at home in november!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Wales match going well so far very good match.

Montenegro 1 up Collins turned inside out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Is Wales on the box?

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Is Wales on the box?

Sky sports 3

So far either Montenegro look quality going forward or Wales are shocking defensively

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Sky Sports 3 and S4C (channel 134 on Sky)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Impressive 2-0 win for Moldova against Finland.

Andorra holding Russia to just 2 goals, decent showing from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Sky sports 3

So far either Montenegro look quality going forward or Wales are shocking defensively

Bellamy in the whatever 10 mins I seen looks to be shocking. That shot was useless and his passes are all over the shop.

Bellamy crap so far played a ball to Bale when he was looking the other way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Estonia beating Italy 1.0 atm. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Villa just equaled Raul's goal scoring record for Spain:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Slovakia 0 Macedonia 0 at HT

Slovakia dropping points at home in their first game would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I was 8 when this was on
    My older brother says they were one of the best few weeks of his life, him and his mates riding everything left right and centre
    £20 got you a night out, 20 fags and chips on the way home

2002 wasn't the same 'cause the games were on in the morning and keane divided the country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Need Scotland to score to keep me in a big accumulator... COME ON :)

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67823551&postcount=50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

roryc wrote: »
    Need Scotland to score to keep me in a big accumulator... COME ON :)

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67823551&postcount=50

Bye bye accumulator. And rightly so, how the hell can u see Kenny Miller & co scoring against any half decent defenders!! Scots always mess up qualifying in games like this tho, same as we usually do...thats why our lucky 1-0 tonight will be vital.

• Advertisement
Advertisement