Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Xbox Complete Freeze!!

• 02-09-2010 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

I did a search for this particular prob but couldnt find one matching my problem.

My xbox froze while on the intro video to MW2. After turning off the console and turning back on the image where it froze is still on the screen.

I have unplugged all cables, peripherels, HD, removed disc and yet still when i start the console it goes straight to the image at which it froze.

I presume its well and truely screwed but hoping someone here may be able to help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

My xbox froze while on the intro video to MW2.

Sounds like your xbox just suffers from good taste and refused to play MW2 anymore! :D

I've never come across that problem before and I thought I'd suffered every 360 problem going (have three 360's in the house and have suffered more RRoD and e74 than you'd ever believe!).

I'm guessing that you're not in warranty any more either?

If you PM me, I'll pass you on the number/email of a guy in Waterford that has repaired some consoles for me. He's a nice bloke and might be able to give you some advice about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,641 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

i reckon it's the gpu. Mine kept on freezing on a paticular cutscene in splinter cell and also does it on a particular track on forza. think it's fecked :(

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CiaranTheGreat

I left it alone all last night and it worked this morning first time. Even got a game of S&D in too test it :confused:

I have been thinking of getting the New 250GB 360 so i think im gonna take this as a warning to start saving before it fully claps out.

Thanks for the help lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Weird issue, but if it's working fine now, ya could be alright.. Freezing is normally a prelude to RROD, but if you do the X-clamps and re-do thermal paste ya could be alright..

I'd overclock the fans too, can't be too safe!

People like myself do these repairs/precautionary measures for a small (in comparison anyway :P) fee. I personally think for the extra price of the slim VS a 2nd hand / Arcade Jasper doesn't justify upgrading.

To repair can cost about €30, 2nd hand Jasper unit €100, Slim = twice that.. Alright ya get a big HDD, but to store what on it? The very 1st 360 still plays all the same games the slim does.. The slims haven't got the "on the ground" experience to scrub out teething issues just yet (jasper is the final evolution after all MS's problems), similar problems can easily pop up down the road for the Slim as they did for original 360's.

If ya need storage, either look on Adverts for one of the many 120gb HDD's, or check out HDDhackr to mod an un-official one for cheap. 250gb HDD for €60, can't beat that!

Just my oppinion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

Wez wrote: »
    Weird issue, but if it's working fine now, ya could be alright.. Freezing is normally a prelude to RROD, but if you do the X-clamps and re-do thermal paste ya could be alright..

I'd overclock the fans too, can't be too safe!

People like myself do these repairs/precautionary measures for a small (in comparison anyway :P) fee. I personally think for the extra price of the slim VS a 2nd hand / Arcade Jasper doesn't justify upgrading.

To repair can cost about €30, 2nd hand Jasper unit €100, Slim = twice that.. Alright ya get a big HDD, but to store what on it? The very 1st 360 still plays all the same games the slim does.. The slims haven't got the "on the ground" experience to scrub out teething issues just yet (jasper is the final evolution after all MS's problems), similar problems can easily pop up down the road for the Slim as they did for original 360's.

If ya need storage, either look on Adverts for one of the many 120gb HDD's, or check out HDDhackr to mod an un-official one for cheap. 250gb HDD for €60, can't beat that!

Just my oppinion!
    +1

• Advertisement
Advertisement