Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Supermarket

Options
  • 02-09-2010 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hello there! I'm totally new to Galway and it looks like I can't even find my own shoes in this city.

Here's where I live:

mapns.png

I'm looking for a generic supermarket with a little bit of everything, from food to basic home appliances. A good price would be good, but the position is even more important than that. Does such a shop exist?

Thanks a lot! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

You can see Dunnes Stores from your house no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Nuggles wrote: »
    You can see Dunnes Stores from your house no?

+1

Your nearly half way between 2 Dunnes Stores

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

You live very close to Dunnes and Aldi. Dunnes is a bit crap but it has a homewares section and all the basics.

There's also Tesco quite close, I'd say it'd be a half an hours walk away. It's bigger with a really good selection of products, there's clothes shops and everything out near it too and a Lidl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Lukja

Aaaah, so that big building near McDonald's was a supermarket after all.
    Thank you very much, guys! I'm not irish and we don't have Dunnes at home. :)
    Tesco is probably a bit too far but I'll make sure to visit it at least once.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Type aldi into googlemaps, there's one just up the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Dunnes in knocknacarra is at roundabout where it says gort na bro (turn left!)there's a B&Q there too. Dunnes westside is prob a little closer (turn right!) there's a couple other shops there too like peter curran electrical for appliances and arnies across the road from there do some household bits n' bobs too.
    Hope you're settling in nicely:)

Advertisement