Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-built HTPC

Options
  • 02-09-2010 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

I'm looking to a pre-built HTPC.

What I require is:
    Dual tuner with DVB-S & DVB-T
    4tb sata hard drive
    Wireless internet connection
    and all the other bells and whistles to make it run.
    bluray would be nice depending on cost.
    It doesn't have to be in any fancy casing as it will be in home office.

Regards,

Tap

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

\o. :)

Okay, some questions to start the fun:

Budget?
    What will you be doing with it aside from HTPC stuff?
    Do you want/need iMon or remote capability regardless of case or the office environment?
    When you say "dual DVB" do you mean a card with one DVB-S and one DVB-T, or one that really does have two of each?! :eek:
    Hoiw vital is the BluRay? A BD-ROM will add €50+, €70+ if you need a seperate DVD burner :o

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tap28

Ok, I know what I want but don't know how to get it or even the right terminology.:pac:

basically I want a crossover NAS / HTPC

Budget - ideally no more than €600. I'm flexable on the blu-ray and maybe dropping to 2tb with the option of expansion later.

Do you want/need iMon or remote capability regardless of case?
    I don't know what iMon is? so I don't know if I want it of not:confused:
    I do what remote capability.

I am thinking of something like this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055950548

Blu ray would be nice but the least of my priorities.

Thanks

Tap

Advertisement