Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sign on time problem

• 02-09-2010 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi just wondering if someone has been in this situation before or knows what to do?

I have just signed on a about a month ago and I am due to sign on next Wed at 11 O' clock. Well basicaly my problem is I do a college course one day a week (which they know about) and of course its on every Wed morning till 1pm. I have tried ringing the social welfare office but no luck just kept ringing out. Im not sure should I just go in and tell them I cant sign on at that time, like its no problem anytime after 1 O clock that day. Just wondering anyone else been late for their sign on time? Any advice would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭mrsbouquet

Go and sign in the afternoon should not be a problem as they know you are doing the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

You are better off going to the office and seeing someone showing them your papers for your course and times.And tell them the problem.Do not leave it to afternoon without permission.Avoid causing any problems with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

Right so I thought Id get back and give an update just if anyone else has this problem. So I went in that morning and let them know that I couldnt sign on at 11am that day but I could sign on anytime after 1pm. I was asked did they know I was in college and I told them yes I have informed the office that im doing a one day course a week and have given them a letter from the college etc so the lady at the generel enquiry hatch says thats no problem come in at 2pm to sign on. So I come back at 2pm queue up and get the top where the lady tells me I need to go back to the generel enquiry line where I tell her the lady there told me to come back in the afternoon and it would be no problem. So obviously lady doesnt beleive me and goes off to the GE hatch and comes back happy that I did go earlier she gives me page to sign on like everybody else and gives me date to come back in a months time and says again its ok to come back in afternoon.

Ok so sorry for that long rant but the reason I tell you this is because I went to the post office today to collect my dole and the man there tells me I have no payment which leaves me a little baffled :confused: He asked me did i sign on? was there any problems? and than I remembered so now I have to go back in and explain to them again :mad: I dunno Im guessing because the signing on times go in alphebetical order mine somehow got lost leading them to think I havent signed on!

Sorry this just really annoys me the lack of communication in that office. They never answer the phone and there is constantly queues in the place. If they are so understaffed I dont understand why they dont just employ some of the people signing on I for one would gladly do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭uoluol

Ammsy500 wrote: »
    If they are so understaffed I dont understand why they dont just employ some of the people signing on I for one would gladly do it

I think you have hit the nail on the head there - local offices are chronically short staffed due to the government recruitment embargo. It means that the public are not getting the service they deserve.

Back to your problem, have you applied for PTEO - the Part Time option on the BTEA Scheme? If so, there should be no hassle with signing on at a time when you are not scheduled to be at college. If you are on PTEO it is noted in the system and you are exempted from signing on at a time that would interfere with your college attendance.

Advertisement