Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Friday Whinge Thread - MOD NOTE - You must read post #1 before posting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Raam wrote: »
    I hate hate people wearing neoprene overshoes with shorts.

This drives me absolutely bananas. Overshoes and either knee warmers, legwarmers or tights.
    Shorts then no overshoes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I hate crappy Mods

(on other forums, the ones here are ok apart from that Beasty one who keeps beating me in TT's)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭Gasco

Sometimes I really hate cycling - I get up early, as the day before I decided to go cycling and I make every excuse not to go out on the bike.
    I check metcheck, accuweather, yr.no and even met.ie until I find one that tells me it's going to rain / snow / hail with gales etc. and I will my dodgy left knee to get sore and induce coughing fits. With this accomplished I abandon any thoughts of cycling.
    Within an hour I will hate myself for not going cycling.
    My wife will hate me for hating myself and getting into a bad mood for not going cycling.

I hate when this happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

People who don't use indicators at a roundabout, hate you. It really doesn't take that much f*%kin effort to move that little lever does it?

Hate the fact that I have to look like a homeless crack addict to be fit enough to race.

Hate the way my average speed seems to drop like a stone even when i've only slowed down a bit for a few metres.

Hate the way Eurosport randonly change their schedule & I'm sitting there watching some duck-racing olympics while i'm chewing on the dinner I burnt while rushing to have it ready before the highlights started.

Hate working on days like today that are just crying out for a nice spin around Blessington lakes.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl wrote: »
    I hate crappy Mods

(on other forums, the ones here are ok apart from that Beasty one who keeps beating me in TT's)
    I hate sore looooosers ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I hate that I'm not happy unless I'm buying the expensive version of something. I'm not good enough or interested enough to deserve it, but I can't mentally make do with the mid-range <insert bike part here>.
    I hate that I can't afford the expensive version of what I want, and I don't want the version I can afford.

I hate self-righteous walkers. They wreck my head.

I hate that roadies won't say hello to me. Snobs.

I hate when my bike makes noises and I can't figure out the cause.

I hate that I'm always convinced my bikes are about to get stolen. If I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, I can't resist the temptation to look out the back window and make sure the shed door is still intact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

ROK ON wrote: »
    This drives me absolutely bananas. Overshoes and either knee warmers, legwarmers or tights.
    Shorts then no overshoes.

i hate people who complain about overshoes and shorts
    if its warm and raining overshoes ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

I hate that I can't make Boards.ie look like an Excel spreadsheet or an Outlook e-mail on my work computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

I have one.....I hate when men try to describe other men by telling me what bike they ride....and sometimes what bike they used to ride. I'm a woman, tell me what colour hair they have for godssake!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I have one.....I hate when men try to describe other men by telling me what bike they ride....and sometimes what bike they used to ride. I'm a woman, tell me what colour hair they have for godssake!

I hate it when I'm asked what colour hair a cyclist has.
    I never know cos I usually see them wearing a helmet.......

(I could tell you what bike almost every one in Swords rides though ;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

If you remember the color of the hair through the helmets, I have nothing but pure respect and admiration to you!hate the type of person you are (not you, actually, as that would be against the rules of the thread, just the type of person you are)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

I hate the fact that a nice chinese takeaway isnt beneficial to my cycling.

hahaha sorry beasty. Actually no.. wait.. I hate you!

(Did i get it right this time?)

Well you know, hair colour, are they skinny or a 'sprinter', a chap or a wily aul vet, a hugo koblet or a nozal.....

Yunno, what they look like not whether they ride a bleedin mianchi or a dribble :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Well you know, hair colour, are they skinny or a 'sprinter', a chap or a wily aul vet, a hugo koblet or a nozal.....

Hugo koblet? Ah, gotcha. I heard that women tend to notice that sort of thing.

• Advertisement

I hate, I mean I realy f***in detest Ti frames. FUGLY beyond belief.
    Also, I tend to be not too happy when I see a tourer with racks, panniers etc on the road. You will never catch me touring. Its for pathetic hippies and germans. They never return a salute when you acknowledge one on the road.

(Despite this I am quite fond of Blorg for some reason).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I hate, I mean I realy f***in detest Ti frames. FUGLY beyond belief.
    Also, I tend to be not too happy when I see a tourer with racks, panniers etc on the road. You will never catch me touring. Its for pathetic hippies and germans. They never return a salute when you acknowledge one on the road.

(Despite this I am quite fond of Blorg for some reason).

Roll on 2011, ROK ON purchases a touring bike and changes his point of view again.

I hate that there aren't more cycling weekends away (paves way for a boards mystery tour, i.e. cycle to some hotel, have drinks and enjoy the amenities, cycle home the next day).

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Roll on 2011, ROK ON purchases a touring bike and changes his point of view again.

I hate that there aren't more cycling weekends away (paves way for a boards mystery tour, i.e. cycle to some hotel, have drinks and enjoy the amenities, cycle home the next day).
    Honestly, not a chance. For decades I have believed that one should be in more luxurious surroundings on holidays than at home. I dont camp, I dont eat pot noodles. I travel in style when I can. If I cant afford it, then I dont substitute it with an inferior product IMHO.
    I went to a couple of Trip to Tipps as a teenager. Loved the gigs, hated roughing it. Total bollix.

i hate ministers who claim an atm tax will stop bank robberies particularly when using bikes as their getaway vehicles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 La Tandenno

I hate that there aren't more cycling weekends away .....

We'll always have Dungarvan!...and those photo's

• Advertisement

Honestly, not a chance. For decades I have believed that one should be in more luxurious surroundings on holidays than at home. I dont camp, I dont eat pot noodles. I travel in style when I can. If I cant afford it, then I dont substitute it with an inferior product IMHO.
    I went to a couple of Trip to Tipps as a teenager. Loved the gigs, hated roughing it. Total bollix.

I'd be tempted by touring, I like to travel but it would require stopping in nice places. I agree with the camping part, not my bag either. Cycling through spain would be great. Surely it still counts as touring even if you aren't living rough?

Anyway, I hate the lack of proper cycle parking around. My mate lives in an apartment block with ample parking space. Whenever I have been there there is loads of empty spaces. Yet the cycle rack is constantly overflowing. I had to lock my bike to his one day. Doubling the amount of railings would make such a huge difference. It's the same in Dundrum at the cinema side of the shopping centre. Huge shopping centre, amazing access by car or luas, yet cyclists are shafted yet again.

4954526956_d0b5e396bd.jpg

That's all the bike parking for a large apartment block, arghh!

I hate that there aren't more cycling weekends away .....

We'll always have Dungarvan!...and those photo's

No no no, that's another thing, I hate that girls always have to bring cameras on nights out...after sportives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Moflojo

I hate that the government has succeeded in convincing the general cycling poplulation that it's best not to cause a big fuss about the country going down the toilet lest the all-powerfuls Markets react poorly to it.

I hate The second hand bike Markets.

I hate the expression "<snip>".

I really hate that the only viable alternative to the current government is anarchy, with everyone taking to the streets on their bikes.

I hate, but also find amusing, that the main opposition party's public relations skills are on a par with those of Israel Lance Armstrong.

I love hate my bike. (Sorry)

No no no, that's another thing, I hate that girls always have to bring cameras on nights out...after sportives.

Careful now, she'll give out about you being 'nasty' again......

I agree with the camping part, not my bag either. Cycling through spain would be great. Surely it still counts as touring even if you aren't living rough?

Yes I would go on holiday on my bike in a flash, if I had a van or car to transport luggage to a b&B, guesthouse or hotel. Anything but a campsite.
    Touring is different - I hate that.

Careful now, she'll give out about you being 'nasty' again......

I know I know. That's another thing, I hate that I seem to have a reputation for being mean and nasty on the forum, I'm a nice guy!

I hate you all!

I hate that DirkVoodoo has become a lurker-puppet.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Lumen wrote: »
    I hate that DirkVoodoo has become a lurker poppet.

FYP. The lurkers love him.

i hate this as just a way to get your post count up

Has beasty given up?

• Advertisement

i hate this as just a way to get your post count up

I heard that when you get to 10,000 all your debts go into NAMA.

I heard that when you get to 10,000 all your debts go into NAMA.

you'd better buy that disc specific titanium cross frame quick

kennyb3 wrote: »
    I hate the fact that a nice chinese takeaway isnt beneficial to my cycling.

i hate people telling me things i dont want to hear

I hate when people learn I cycle they decide to rant on to me about all the bad cycling they have seen and how come cyclists get away with it.

Well, it's a good thing you brought this to my attention because as Lord of the cyclists I will smite anyone who has stepped out of line. Just point them out to me and they shall be smoten!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

I hate when i do an out and back spin and have a headwind both ways.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

I hate BiffoLance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I hate that I haven't got a fcuking clue how to install a headset.

I also hate that my band on derailleur is too big for my new frame.

I hate that I haven't got a fcuking clue how to install a headset..

Dear God! I know they say you should never meet your heroes...

The goddamn crown race thing won't go flush to the fork crown cos some stupid bit of the bottom of the fork sticks out too much. What I mean is: the steerer tube isn't the same diameter all the way down. ARSE!

• Advertisement

The goddamn crown race thing won't go flush to the fork crown cos some stupid bit of the bottom of the fork sticks out too much. What I mean is: the steerer tube isn't the same diameter all the way down. ARSE!

That's normal. Use more violence.

That's normal. Use more violence.

How? I only have spaghetti arms.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

What Lumen said. It really takes a lot of effort to get it down.

How are you hammering it in? Forks are tough!....oh, I hate when people don't detail their cycling problems, I don't have a fecking imagination!

How are you hammering it in? Forks are tough!....oh, I hate when people don't detail their cycling problems, I don't have a fecking imagination!

I want to put the fcuking thing on the other fcuking thing! Is that not clear enough?!

I want to put the fcuking thing on the other fcuking thing! Is that not clear enough?!

From a recent thread...
    This is normal, I think. It shouldn't just slip on.

With my Easton forks, I had to hammer a length of pipe on the race to get it seated properly. I didn't have a pipe, so used a section of my Park tools repair stand.

There is a "proper" way to do this, which involves holding one of the forks in your hand (in mid air) whilst you hammer away. You must not put the forks on a hard surface.

• Advertisement

I wanthate the idea a video of this, even if it sounds like the potential for hilarity is high.

Raam in "the eternal strugglewhinger".

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Has beasty given up?
    I'm back

Just had an awful commute home - bleedin' tailwinds - I hate them. Averaged 34.6kph over the first 27km or so, then turned back into the headwind, and normal service was resumed

Anyway, snippers are out and currently being sharpened;)

el tonto wrote: »
    What Lumen said. It really takes a lot of effort to get it down.
    I hate it when even the mods are trying to be helpful in the "whinge" thread

I have had some success. Now the simple task of hammering in the star nut straight.

I thought I would enjoy putting a frame together.

I hate you for saying that. Now I have a belly pain from the laughter.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement