Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have i any hope?? Late application for M. Grant!!

Options
  • 03-09-2010 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I know everyone is asking questions about grants etc (including myself) and there’s been some great info on here but I’m very aware that I’m late in trying to make an application and therefore need to get this into the VEC as soon as possible; I’m applying for BTEA also so I’m submitting a maintenance grant application form to hopefully cover registration costs which is a crippling €600 for me (I’m borrowing to pay it and hoping the grant will allow me to pay back the person lending the cash to me) Haven’t a clue what I’m gonna do if it all fails so I’d hugely appreciate any help you can give me with the following questions.

• Can I apply after the closing date (if I’m reading the info on studentfinance.ie I think I can) and given that it’ll take some time to organise a P60 and P21 how long of a grace period can I hope for?
    • Can i avail of the student services charge/tuition fees/registration fee when i'm doing a PLC (its a 2 year HND1 course)?
    • P45, P21, P60, Birth Cert and Letter from Social Welfare are these all the forms I need and its just photocopies they need right?
    • Regarding the P60 how can I get a P60 for 2009 when I wasn’t working in 2009? – do I look for a P60 from my previous employer which was back in early 2008?

If I can get this all in place I can breathe a sigh of relief for the first time in a very long time so thanks to anyone who can clear this up a little.

DrF

Ps> I’m gonna call the Co Dublin VEC tomorrow but getting people on the phone is proving very difficult at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Q 1 - Yes I think so all the Dublin councils are extending deadline til Nov 26th
    Q2 - Yes I think so
    Q3 - I think you need some proof of address and I read that they need originals
    Q4 - Once you have a P45 and a P21 it should be ok, cause you can't get a P60 cause you weren't working with that employer at end of 2009

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭DrFroggies

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    Q 1 - Yes I think so all the Dublin councils are extending deadline til Nov 26th
    Q2 - Yes I think so
    Q3 - I think you need some proof of address and I read that they need originals
    Q4 - Once you have a P45 and a P21 it should be ok, cause you can't get a P60 cause you weren't working with that employer at end of 2009

Jonny...thanks a million mate, that's a huge weight off my mind, i'll spend Monday belting around the place trying to get this all sorted...still no guarantees i know but at least now i know i'm not wasting my time trying for it!
    Cheers!!

Advertisement