Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lidl s dog food??

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭billyfromdublin

hi all i have a 5mth old bichon frise and have been trying to find out whet is the best food to feed it the guy i got it from was feeding it re mills and optidog mix and after reading all of the above i dont like the idea of feeding the optidog food , so can i ask what would be the best food to feed a bichon frise ??? do i just keep it on red mills ??? and are some red mills better then others ???

thanks for your times guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

hi all i have a 5mth old bichon frise and have been trying to find out whet is the best food to feed it the guy i got it from was feeding it re mills and optidog mix and after reading all of the above i dont like the idea of feeding the optidog food , so can i ask what would be the best food to feed a bichon frise ??? do i just keep it on red mills ??? and are some red mills better then others ???

Good choice changing from Optidog!

Red Mills Leader or Red Mills Leader Supreme are good quality foods, the rest of the range (Star etc.) are not very good. Feeding RM on its own would be fine for your dog, especially if he is used to eating it anyway and you know it agrees with him.

thanks for taking the time lorebringer , can i ask dose anyone know where i can find it in dublin ???

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Maxizoo stock it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

I have tried RMs before. My dogs liked the food but their poos weren't great so I switched to a different food. In saying that alot people on this forum say RMs is good. Not all dog foods suit all dogs.

Looking at RMs Leader range:-http://www.redmills.ie/ie/pet/products/leader/leader-products/

I would say Leader Adult Small Breed might suit your bichon best.

Alot of people assume Leader Surpreme is the best as it has the higher meat content/protein content. When switching over to RMs I spoke to a RMs rep & he told me Leader Adult would suit my dogs better according to the amount of exercise they got - also Adult is cheaper than Supreme. The Leader range has a big choice now: sensitive, lite, etc. so loads to choose from.

Also not sure what part of Dublin you are in but I am from the midlands and my local agri-store could get RMs cheaper than the pet store.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

Red Mills leader is a good food, but I would strongly reccommend that you put him onto Red Mills Leader Puppy, then switch to either adult or supreme when the pup is between ten and twelve months old.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

thanks for taking the time lorebringer , can i ask dose anyone know where i can find it in dublin ???

thanks
    the corn store jfk industrial estate bluebell 4o euros for 15kg red mills adult leader supreme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Shanao wrote: »
    Red Mills leader is a good food, but I would strongly reccommend that you put him onto Red Mills Leader Puppy, then switch to either adult or supreme when the pup is between ten and twelve months old.

+1

Missed the bit about 5 months old! Start Leader Puppy, then switch to Leader Adult Small Breed IMO.

thanks all for taking the time to replay will get a small bag of Leader Puppy to try see now he get on with that before getting the 15kg

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭aoife524

Our dog just died after having an operation due to not being able to pass his food.. We fed him Lidl food all the time, the vet said this was the problem. SO I would never ever buy this again :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 rodbender 2011

Hi just been reading dis thread and i am shocked at some of the posts.firstly some people look upon thier dogs as Things rather than companions by the way they r happy just to feed them on sub standard foods.i have been involved with english springer spaniels all my life and have always put thier wellbeing/diet first.i have tried many food brands and i have stuck with 1 for a long time.its called oscar dog food which cannot be bought from a shop but is delivered free of charge from reps which are country wide.it is wheat gluten free has vertually no moisture content and has d highest percentage of meat i have come across to date.there are a lot of ranges for different breeds/ages etc and most importantly there is very little 2 clean up in d kennels.my dogs are in absolute tip top condition thanks 2 oscar and just for those of u who would happily feed ur dogs cheap dog food i ask u 2 ponder this,if ur constantly eating take aways,chinesse foods etc instead of a wholesome dinner it tastes nice but how long before u get sluggish,diahorrea,over weight?? Now think what ur doing 2 ur dogs with sub standard dog foods.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement