Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What are people playing these days?

• 03-09-2010 12:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭

So as some would know I recently invested in a Xbox. Playing a few games here and there.

But what are most people playing these days? What are yous playing?

I'm playing Fifa 10 and Tekken mostly.

Bought GoW2, Timeshift and Farcry2. Are they any good?

Whats good these days?

Sorry if theres a thread around here already for this. Delete if there is.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Reach and the new spiderman one this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

World at War on Veteran. After that maybe I'll finish Alan Wake on the hardest difficulty. Didn't like Red Dead at all and there's nothing else out there to interest me at the minute so I'm not gaming much. Honestly I think I'm better off right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Mperrozzi

Fifa 10 , Fifa world cup and bad company 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Just finished playing Red Dead Redemption myself, great game!

I'd rate your three games in this order - GoW2, FarCry2 and Timeshift, GoW2 being the best, Timeshift being a steaming pile of ****e and FarCry2 somewhere inbetween...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

mafia 2. o for awesome!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Just finished red dead and half wat through Mafia 2 at the moment looking forward to the next installment of Halo

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game is pretty awesome. In fact, lots of good stuff in general on XBLA.

Disc-based stuff I'll probably be getting Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions and Halo Reach in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Group of us have gone back to Halo 3 big time in the past month, play about 2 to 3 hours every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Craven99

I just got an Xbox on loan from my brother so new to the console. Just finished Fable2 - lovely looking, simple top play and great open questing and I am starting mass Effect - already completed it on the PC but giving it a go on the Xbox to see how it goes and also so I can get mass Effect2 and carry over my character

about to lose hours of my life to the xbla version of plants vs. zombies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Mostly bad company 2.

I'm gonna go through fallout 3 again quickly before new Vega's comes out to get back into the swing of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Gears 2 is a great game, if your playing coop. Seems very bland if you play through it in single player. Never got into the online side of it bar horde mode.

Dunno about the other two games you mentioned. Mostly playing Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer on the Xbox at the moment, Transformers:WFC multi also. Trudging through Star Ocean: The Last hope also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I'm playing Halo Reach most recently, looking to pick up Mafia 2 aswell soon! Gas seeing the ad for Reach with the date of release under, yet I'm already bored of it! Was never into Halo either, fun to try it out tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Wez wrote: »
    I'm playing Halo Reach most recently, looking to pick up Mafia 2 aswell soon! Gas seeing the ad for Reach with the date of release under, yet I'm already bored of it! Was never into Halo either, fun to try it out tho!

Was never into Halo neither. But I think the Halo series biggest selling point is the multiplayer. I might pick this one up depending on reviews, see what all the hype is about (multiplayer)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Seems like multiplayer might be it's strong point, but only works on Jtag's right now, apparently people are trying to convert to iso for flashed drives to burn to disk.

There are people playing Reach multiplayer on X Link Kai, the FREE Live! alternative. It's the full game too, not just some demo btw!

Wez wrote: »
    Seems like multiplayer might be it's strong point, but only works on Jtag's right now, apparently people are trying to convert to iso for flashed drives to burn to disk.

retail leaked 3 days ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

reckon next game's gonna be Halo:Reach. Got Tekken jsut yesterday after reading some really positive reviews.Total pile of ****e, possibly one of the worst games I have had the misfortune of playing.Getting rid of it tomorrow if I don't smash it off the wall first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Playing Splinter cell and still finding it really difficult to get into. I think a second play through might be in order as i can't get into the game mechanic of mark and execute and am still trying to play it like the old games.
    Don't know how many times i've pressed start and restart at checkpoint.
    A little dissapointed as this is the game i bought my xbox for.
    But in saying that i know I'm playing wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Getting Mafia II Sunday,after the drought of the last 3 months with Zero releases.Having bought & completed Red Dead,SSFIV,Alan Wake & Splinter Cell in May.Been replaying Halo 3,Crackdown 1 (didn't buy 2 it sounded like a hopeless sequel) & old relyables Mass Effect 1/2.
    PS I hope the likes of BRINK,Deus Ex,Batman Arkham City & Bodycount get released in the summer next year to avoid another summer drought between the stacked 1st quarter & inevitable Winter line ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

FIFA 10
    FM 08
    Limbo
    MW2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Half life 2 episode one.
    And also a bit of GH Aerosmith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Trials HD is a great time waster, playing that a fair bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Finishing Dragon Age and Mass Effect DLC at the moment. Waiting for the new releases on Tuesday then it's onto Spider-Man. Lot of stuff out between now and December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Gotten a few games lately.

Mafia II - Rubbish, stopped playing it after a couple of missions.
    Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions - Ok-ish, wouldnt be my cup of tea and also stopped playing it after about 10% of the game but someone more into Spiderman might love it.
    Hawx 2 - Some things done well but it couldnt keep me coming back so i gave up on it after a while, although it does have a few interesting missions outside of the usual.
    RUSE - just got this and im really enjoying it so far, was interested to see what they could do with this idea and pretty impressed so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

**** i didnt think shattered dimensions was out til friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's not. It was out in the States today I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Halve_ZOL

Picked up Mirror's Edge the other day. Very entertaining actually.
    Playing Braid as well. Still need to finish Borderlands, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Riddick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭torrestorres

waiting for Fifa 11 and PES 11, they should keep me going a while :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

FIFA world Cup, some Forza 3. Havent finished Gears of War 1 yet so plan on finishing that soon. Prob rent Reach to see what its like, dont really like Halo 3 tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

MW2 Multiplayer,
    FIFA 10,
    World Cup 2010,
    Kane & Lynch 2: Dead Men - about 3/4 of the way through, actually very enjoyable so far

I have Pure Football aswell, its good for a laugh, but can't see myself ever putting enough time into it to get through the full career mode part of it (build your team by completing challenges in games, similiar to FIFA Street).

Looking to get through Kane & Lynch 2 and Alan Wake before FIFA 11 comes out.

Advertisement