Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What are people playing these days?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Just finished Alan Wake - 1st play through last night at 2am...
    Will boot it up later for the DLC.
    Not a bad game - definitely one to be played in a dark room with no interference :)

Limbo - need to get back to it again.

But then need to find something new for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Tiger woods 11, great game, even if you don't like golf at all.

MW2 Multiplayer, absolutely sick it only with friends now.

Operation Flashpoint, It's alright, but the amount glitches are doing my head in.

I still have bioshock 2 to play, still in its plastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Blur, and lots of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

just got assassians creed 2 this week.Wasn't a fan of the original but a mate kept going on about how better the sequel was.
    Am absolutely loving it at the moment.
    3 days to Reach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Rooney10 wrote: »
    I have Pure Football aswell, its good for a laugh

you serious?

imo one of the worst games ever made:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Helix wrote: »
    you serious?

imo one of the worst games ever made:confused:

Yes, I'm serious :confused: Its a good laugh with a few mates. Take it for what it is: just a bit of a 5-a-side kickaround every once in a while. Should really be an Arcade game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Halve_ZOL

Finished Mirror's Edge yesterday. Cool game. Really enjoyed it.
    Was playing a bit of Deathspank and Scott Pilgrim the other day. Picked up a used copy of Medal of Honor Airborne on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Halve_ZOL

Meatwad wrote: »
    just got assassians creed 2 this week.Wasn't a fan of the original but a mate kept going on about how better the sequel was.
    Am absolutely loving it at the moment.
    3 days to Reach.

Good game, indeed. Still need to finish that as well. So many good games, so little time....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm bogged under with games.

Currently playing Mass Effect 2.

Must then finish both Bioshock 2 (about 80% done) and Bad Company 2 (about 50% done) single player.

Then maybe Mirror's Edge and Dead Space.

Plus I've Resident Evil 5 Gold in the post.

Finished off Kane & Lynch 2, its very, very short.... I found it pretty enjoyable. I had to turn on steady cam though, that mad shaking when you sprint is completely heading wrecking.

Started on Alan Wake, looks great so far. I just finished off Episode One, looks to be a great game, one to be played with the sound up and the lights off. When you run out of ammo though, it seems you are totally f*cked...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

BFBC2. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Started on Alan Wake, looks great so far. I just finished off Episode One, looks to be a great game, one to be played with the sound up and the lights off. When you run out of ammo though, it seems you are totally f*cked...

Generally you're not, there were plenty of times I had to sprint/dodge my way to the next light/checkpoint and managed it. Makes it even more tense at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

BFBC2. :pac:

Can't get into it at all, I can only manage 15 minutes at a time and I've had enough. What's wrong with me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Can't get into it at all, I can only manage 15 minutes at a time and I've had enough. What's wrong with me?

I was the same, a complete MW2 instant gratification drone, but once you give BC2 a chance it is far better. The level of depth is great and once you start to rank up and unlock items and weapons it gets quite addictive! It does take a fair bit longer to rank up a level than in MW2 but stick at it! :D

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Generally you're not, there were plenty of times I had to sprint/dodge my way to the next light/checkpoint and managed it. Makes it even more tense at times.

Depends on the number of enemies I guess...I was trying to do some sort of melee for ages.

Definitely makes it more tense. The light really does become a welcome sight!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 th3 lunatik

have been playing halo 3 a lot to practice for reach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Depends on the number of enemies I guess...I was trying to do some sort of melee for ages.

Definitely makes it more tense. The light really does become a welcome sight!

Yeah there's sometimes where it's completely over-whelming, but more often that not I'd manage to plough through. It's the feckers that sneak up behind ya that always get me and make me jump.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Playing Mass Effect 2 religously. Stunning game. Other than that, DR2:C0 and Super Street Fighter 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

Assassins creed lol :) :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

replaying MW2 again, trying it on hardened, then trying to get the rest of the special op's

• Advertisement
Advertisement