Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Full Sus MTB - what the best value for money out there? January sales?

• 03-09-2010 12:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭

Are there big sales in January?
    I need a good bike with decent tyres.

Ive a hard tail but its a bit too rough for me compared to full sus bikes my mates have.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 houseinthesun

What is your budget, what type of mountain biking are you intending on doing, where is your locale?
    All questions which will have a bearing on your decision.

Most people wil tell you that you need to spend more than €1,500 for a good bike, but that seems to be changing.
    Some great reviews last month in 'What Mountain Bike' I think it was, for full sus bikes in the €1,200 bracket, great value. Both the Chris Boardman Team full sus and the Voodoo Canzo get excellent reviews. Both bikes are available from Halfords. The Voodoo imo has a better spec and components, it is slightly heavier <1lb but has better componets. The CB is slightly lighter and cheaper, that is why it got best buy.
    Around the €1,400 range look no further than the Giant anthem X4 again excellent bike, deals will be a plenty on these coming closer to christmas or when the 2011 versions are out! These 3 bikes are all sub 30lbs!

Hopes this helps, I am seriously looking at changing to full sus also, I'd also be interested in feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

worded wrote: »
    Are there big sales in January?
    I need a good bike with decent tyres.

Ive a hard tail but its a bit too rough for me compared to full sus bikes my mates have.

HTFU ;)

feel like after hours saying that
    (i used to race with no suspension)

jan sales on bikes ... never seen any about now is 2010 stock clearance time in fact evans have had a sale on for ages
    http://www.evanscycles.com/categories/sale/complete-bikes/mountain-bikes?brand=&page=6&per_page=20&price_from=&price_to=&sort=asc

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭mtbireland

Are we allowed plug bikes we're selling on here..??

http://www.adverts.ie/280900/bikes/stevens-fluent-carbon-es-mtb/

24lb full sus...... over a 1000 Euro off the RRP and the bike has done two spins...!!

As houseinthesun said though we would need to know your budget really before recommending anything.

Once Eurobike is over 2011 bikes will be available so you will see sales happening soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

Hmm I'm kind of in the same boat, looking around for a full sus all mountain bike for a while and I've been wondering about getting something in the sales. Little bit disappointed with the discounts I've seen so far though, not much more than 10-15% off. The sites I've been told to keep an eye on are pauls, leisure cycles and real cycles, but like I sadi so far their sales aren't as good as I was hoping.

Think I might have to stick to second hand bikes :/

I'm looking for something in the 130-150mm range preferably with air fork/shocks and somewhere around 1k if anyone has anything they're looking to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭mtbireland

zil wrote: »

I'm looking for something in the 130-150mm range preferably with air fork/shocks and somewhere around 1k if anyone has anything they're looking to sell.

Where/what are you planning to ride that you need 150mm of travel...??????????

• Advertisement

mtbireland wrote: »
    Where/what are you planning to ride that you need 150mm of travel...??????????

I've been doing a lot of big mountain stuff lately, the extra travel isn't a necessity (hell I've been doing it on a 100mm hardtail to date) but it would certainly be a lot more fun on the dh parts with a 6inch bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

How tall are you Mr. Zil?

Morgan wrote: »
    How tall are you Mr. Zil?

6'1"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

6'1"

Sent you a PM.

Advertisement