Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda on the beat?

Options
  • 03-09-2010 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Just wondering if the gards in outher towns/counties still go out on foot patrol? I have not seen a garda out walking the streets of Enniscorthy in years. Is this the norm around the country now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

They are out and about during the day-don't see any at night except cruising in patrol cars.Have even seen a couple on bikes but as I said, never see any walking the beat after dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

I'm rarely in Enniscorthy, but when I was down the weekend gone by, I saw a pair of Gardai walking around in the middle of the day, I think Ann Shore was one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

cython wrote: »
    I'm rarely in Enniscorthy, but when I was down the weekend gone by, I saw a pair of Gardai walking around in the middle of the day, I think Ann Shore was one of them

They must have been lost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I reckon they heard all the scumbags were out of town for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Can they get to the beat like this-give any money to see a Garda doing that in Abbey Square:D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement