Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it normal to panic - 5 days till I start

Options
  • 03-09-2010 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Heading to Tipp Institute HC In Computing as a mature student

got approved for BTEA, have full fees awarded by Laois VEC

but starting to panic about money, commute, and how I will get on.

so can i ask is anyone else freaking out just a little bit.

Neonitrix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

Hiya, I don't have any advice, but just wanted to say you're definitely not the only one panicking!

I'm starting in two weeks and worried about making friends, I feel like I'm starting secondary school all over again!

(Also worried about money, workload, and whether the dogs will destroy the house if they're left alone all day...)

I'm hoping it'll all work out and be worth it in the end :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nukinfuts

yep I'm a bit worried/nervous/excited - especially worried about money! but you have to think of it this way, as that Baz Luhrmann song goes - worrying is about as useful as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum!
    oh - and wear sunscreen - especially today, its cracking out!:D

(btw you'll be fine ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I'm the same - I'm starting a masters next week

I dropped into UCD this week to register and freaked out a little - the place is so big, all the study I'm going to have to do etc etc

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement