Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Update Thread

Options
  • 03-09-2010 1:13am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭

this is a thread for updates on blink 182 regarding news on the new album etc.most people may not like this thread and may not see the idea behind it but some people would love boards to be a thread to find news on blink 182 , and i thought it was a good idea to start a thread ,separate to the thread about the blink gig thread :) as i am a massive blink fan and follow them nearly everyday (dont actually follow them :P) so i will keep this thread updated as much as i can :P and i hope others will post news if they have any aswell :)

also videos ,pictures etc will be added,but please do not post your favorite songs or videos, past interviews etc , just relevant videos pictures , articles and tweets.

i understand some people may not like blink 182 but please if you don't like them , do not post rubbish and don't troll either , if you dont have nothing constructive to say please don't post as i don't want this thread getting cluttered with rubbish :):)

cheers lads :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Nice. Guess we can let the Blink 182 gig thread die out now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Nice. Guess we can let the Blink 182 gig thread die out now.

please any talk related to the blink 182 gig i would prefer if it was chatted about on the gig thread :P:P:P

shoit cant find the link any more sorry

From NME:

Blink-182 goaded Guns N' Roses during their Main Stage headline set at Reading Festival tonight (August 29).

Early into their set, frontmen Tom DeLonge and Mark Hoppus referenced Axl Rose and co's chaotic Friday night set at the event's southern site.

"I'm sorry you guys missed out on Guns N' Roses on Friday night," Hoppus said. "But Tom's going to play the intro to 'Sweet Child O' Mine'."

DeLonge then attempted to play the song, though after trying he said: "I haven't practised it! Axl Rose is naked with my dad."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Aw if only blink and gnr days were the other way around. Lol

this is a documentary being made about blink 182 getting back together and following them through the whole process of the come back american tour , european tour and the recording process.its being shot and filmed by two guys both from the states , haven and matt , and together they go by the name HND$M RND$M

heres a few teaser clips

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

....just add the band on facebook/myspace/twitter.

dont get you ?? some people dont go on facebook like myself ,and plus its handy to have because most people do be on boards most of the time in work bored and things like that etc

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Trev C

Nice idea for a thread, fair play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

A V A wrote: »
    dont get you ?? some people dont go on facebook like myself ,and plus its handy to have because most people do be on boards most of the time in work bored and things like that etc

I just don't understand why you've created a thread on a forum for discussing music in general, that deals exclusively with "updates" about the recent goings-on of a single band. And why Blink182, are they the most popular band on this forum?

smokedeels wrote: »
    I just don't understand why you've created a thread on a forum for discussing music in general, that deals exclusively with "updates" about the recent goings-on of a single band. And why Blink182, are they the most popular band on this forum?

Would you rather loads of different threads clogging up the forum?

There's going to be the new album, side projects and then the documentary.

It is a general discussion forum but specific threads (like this one) have gone down well in other sub forums.
    The PW forum, for example.

no they are not better than other bands and im not going to start an argument saying that they are etc i was on the blink 182 gig thread and i just asked everyone would they mind if i started an update thread and if they minded and the moderators though it was a good idea :) im not going to change it for just a few people , and most people think its a good idea :)
    CMpunked wrote: »
    Would you rather loads of different threads clogging up the forum?

There's going to be the new album, side projects and then the documentary.

It is a general discussion forum but specific threads (like this one) have gone down well in other sub forums.
    The PW forum, for example.

cheers :D

K!'s intrepid work experience kids Josh Franceschi and Dan Flint quiz Blink 182 bassist Mark Hoppus about the pop punk legends' reunion and forthcoming album.

marks twitter
    Did we ever figure out what it was that Meatloaf wouldn't do for love?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Exactly how I feel. If people want to know about the new album there's Blink 182 fan sites and forums out there. And they can always just do an internet search and read the latest updates.

....just add the band on facebook/myspace/twitter.

I don't use facebook/myspace/twitter/bebo etc.

This will turn out to be a very handy thread for me anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

This is a discussion forum, and this is the music section of that forum.

Is it so horrifying that people wish to discuss a band on it? :rolleyes:

I don't use facebook/myspace/twitter/bebo etc.

This will turn out to be a very handy thread for me anyway!

same here i refuse to use those site !!!

i don see whats wrong with this, people use boards everyday and use it as ther bebo facebook etc all those things!!!

please can we get back on topic , if you dont see the point in this thread , please stay off it and it wont bother you , its not doing any harm, this thrad is much better than later on down the line when more updates come in and there are way more separate thread on blink etc!!!!

Good to see my favourite band is being taken as controversial as they used to. :)

Feels like I'm a teenager again. :D

Won't someone please think of the children?

• Advertisement

blink on stage in austria last night

2535.jpg

What a mad looking arena! Looks like it's under a bridge or something!

CMpunked wrote: »
    What a mad looking arena! Looks like it's under a bridge or something!

ye i know its so weird , look were the seats are :S:S:S i thought the exact same thing when i first saw it

Anyone notice that Blink have the same small red carpet in Austria that they had in Dublin?
    Tom always plays on red carpet on this tour for some bizzare reason

ye he has had it since the start of this tour :D picky bast*rd

img_1868.jpgimg_1886.jpgimg_1895.jpgimg_1901.jpgimg_1910.jpgimg_1938.jpgimg_4055.jpgimg_4062.jpgimg_4084.jpgimg_4089.jpg

img_4094.jpgimg_4111.jpgimg_4120.jpg

chris holmes twitter "
    Blink Europe 2010 is complete! Now back to the states and immediately into a recording studio. The drums stay on the floor there

Immediately into recording studio?!
    Schweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

• Advertisement

A V A wrote: »
    chris holmes twitter "

Who is he btw?

Advertisement