Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Update Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Did they not say something like "See ya next year, mother****ers!" at the end of the August gig?

Something like that, anyways.. :p

Don't remember that at all, although that could be due to the night of heavy drinking that followed that epic gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Don't remember that at all, although that could be due to the night of heavy drinking that followed that epic gig.

My brain could always be making this **** up because I want them back so badly, but I think they may have said it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

My brain could always be making this **** up because I want them back so badly, but I think they may have said it. :P

To help you both, i was sober at the concert and he said something more along the lines of "Cya again Dublin and alot sooner than it took to come back for this".... although i could also be wrong cause i was in some other world at that concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

This might just help us all out a little:

Why i only thought of it now i have no idea. :P

Also, was it asked/answered to why tom has the red mat down on the ground where he stands?

CMpunked wrote: »
    Also, was it asked/answered to why tom has the red mat down on the ground where he stands?

I never seen an answer to it. Every single gig he has one put down on his side of the stage

• Advertisement

I never seen an answer to it. Every single gig he has one put down on his side of the stage

I think i might have figured out a possible theory.

Remember tom was doing damage to his back and had to rise his guitar up and couldnt have it as low as he used to?

My aunt has this mad foamy matt in front of her cooker. She stands on it when she is cooking or at the sink washing the dishes.
    She told me tonight its because of her back and the way she puts more of her weight on a certain leg. So when she is standing for a while its not the same as standing on the solid ground.

Maybe theres a chance that the big mat is the same idea?
    An orthopedic carpet so he doesnt aggravate whatever slipped discs and that.

Good theory.
    He doesn't have that carpet on stage when he's playing with AvA (who incidentally, are going on a European tour for the first time early next year) and he mostly acts the front man minus his guitar for them, so that would add weight to your theory that he needs it to improve his posture while playing guitar and not cause further damage to his back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i havent been posting in ages due to me getting a new job :) and i could have posted so much but this is a pic of the dublin show which i think is so fcukin cool Tom+D+2.pngr

Save > Set as wallpaper. :D

hahahaha pretty cool isnt it

• Advertisement

the o2 is a pretty good venue isnt it the way the seas are it is so cool

jaysus this just looks amazing and so so professional !!!!!!!

:eek:

Im so confused!
    I honestly never thought that would see the light of day.

what you mean ??

sure i know they have been making it for a while now but some bands bring out films and they are just fcukin horible but with this being on a platform and being such "an epic" film i think they wanted to get it right !!! and the music is good aswell so i think they were doing that while the editing was going on etc

what you mean ??

sure i know they have been making it for a while now but some bands bring out films and they are just fcukin horible but with this being on a platform and being such "an epic" film i think they wanted to get it right !!! and the music is good aswell so i think they were doing that while the editing was going on etc

Blink 182 not on the official Oxegen poster. Pulled out perhaps?

oxegen_793x890.jpg

On oxegens facebook page they posted "we are awaiting information from blink 182 owing to indecision on their tour. update coming during the week."
    This was met by a wave of negative comments like:
    "I bought my ticket soely to see blink and now they wont be there? I wont be going."
    "Not going now!"
    Etc.

About an hour after it was posting the status was removed.

On oxegens facebook page they posted "we are awaiting information from blink 182 owing to indecision on their tour. update coming during the week."
    This was met by a wave of negative comments like:
    "I bought my ticket solely to see blink and now they wont be there? I wont be going."
    "Not going now!"
    Etc.

About an hour after it was posting the status was removed.

Bad form from Blink if they pull out. Unless of course they opt to play Marlay Park instead and refund fans who bought an Oxegen ticket.

I dont think blink just blatently pulled out. I think what could have happened, is blink were told what spot they could have in december when they were announced.
    Then they went and made arrangements to play t in the park and all that.

Now oxegen and/or blink realise that travis is gonna have to be getting a boat and unfortunately he cant just jump on a plane and fly over within a few hours like they expected.
    What i would say, is that blink will uphold the show, in the sense they could play their own show in dublin somewhere on a different date to oxegen. Its a long shot, but it could happen

• Registered Users Posts: 43,936 ✭✭✭✭Basq

From eFestivals Twitter:
    Oxegen office have told eFestivals that at the moment Blink 182 are still expected to appear

• Advertisement

I think they are just trying to cover their asses.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,936 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I think they are just trying to cover their asses.
    Yep... I'd personally prefer another gig in The O2 rather than the cesspit than is Oxegen.

Hence why I didn't buy a ticket.

Basq wrote: »
    Yep... I'd personally prefer another gig in The O2 rather than the cesspit than is Oxegen.

Hence why I didn't buy a ticket.

Marlay Park would be ideal, although perhaps they would need a big draw support act to sell enough tickets.

Marlay Park would be ideal, although perhaps they would need a big draw support act to sell enough tickets.

theres loads up for grabs, its not like any of them are playing oxegen...
    :pac:

theres loads up for grabs, its not like any of them are playing oxegen...
    :pac:

Maybe if they could just convince Weezer to drop out with them...

i dont think blink are doin it in purpose tbh!!and i think most of their real fans would prefer to see them on their own in the likes of marley park this summer , that would just be an epic thing to witness and be at !!! literally would make my whole life worth while !!
    from the very start i wasn't happy about blink playing oxygen , its so unlike them !!! oxygen is just so cheesy and dull compared to the other festivals and even few of my English mates say its terrible !!
    im keeping my fingers crossed that they do pll out and that they play marley park

well i think that if they were to play marley park they would have you me at six with them ,they have a pretty big following regardless weather they are good or not !!

theres a massive massive rumour going around that the cure are to be playing marley park in august ,now blink and the cure have worked together on the one occasion and still talk occasionally so theres an idea ahaha one can dream but i say they woldnt have to worry about tickets selling for that gig

Tom and marks love for the cure is no secret at all!

Tom and marks love for the cure is no secret at all!

Indeed.

Check out this Blink cover of Letter to Elise at a Robert Smith tribute show.

• Advertisement

. . . . . .and will never ever tire. . just great . . . .blink were great during that period

Advertisement