Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Update Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

what date are the rumors for the cure show? even if blink are not there i would love to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭antz182

:mad: the whole tour has been cancelled [URL][/url]http://www.blink182.com/blog/default.aspx?nid=35198 :mad: frickkin frick frik! I paid 160 euro to go see them in liverpool, now i've lost all that :mad: I blame travis and his sh!t album, and tom for all the ava crap, in all honesty I think they should just jack it in, they obviously don't care about the fans anymore, otherwise the album would be done by now and the tour could have just continued

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

antz182 wrote: »
    :mad: the whole tour has been cancelled [URL][/url]http://www.blink182.com/blog/default.aspx?nid=35198 :mad: frickkin frick frik! I paid 160 euro to go see them in liverpool, now i've lost all that :mad: I blame travis and his sh!t album, and tom for all the ava crap, in all honesty I think they should just jack it in, they obviously don't care about the fans anymore, otherwise the album would be done by now and the tour could have just continued

75845-facepalm.png

Rescheduled, not canceled.

Blink Tour Press statement

you really wanna point out a mistake (cancelled/re-scheduled) when im up to my @rse in feeling like sh!t over this? :mad: not cool man, not cool! either way i'm not going to see them now!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i just giggled

and i am so happy that they have pulled out :D:D:D:D:D as a blink fan i would rather wait to hear them come out with new material rather than come out and play a cheesy festival playin all their greatest hits !!! i have such a big grin on my face about this :) and i hope they take their time with the album cause they when they do tour it will be so much sweeter to hear it and to see them play their own headline concert ,in my world blink before nobody :D and that comment on travis's ****ty album and toms angels "****" is borderline crap cause they all have lives now and its not ll about blink for them right now at this time, they all agreed to keep doing their separate projects and that full effort will be put into the blink record at the same time , and like they said the new blink album is their main priority

A V A wrote: »
    and i am so happy that they have pulled out :D:D:D:D:D as a blink fan i would rather wait to hear them come out with new material rather than come out and play a cheesy festival playin all their greatest hits !!! i have such a big grin on my face about this :) and i hope they take their time with the album cause they when they do tour it will be so much sweeter to hear it and to see them play their own headline concert ,in my world blink before nobody :D and that comment on travis's ****ty album and toms angels "****" is borderline crap cause they all have lives now and its not ll about blink for them right now at this time, they all agreed to keep doing their separate projects and that full effort will be put into the blink record at the same time , and like they said the new blink album is their main priority
    as a blink fan, you really need to wake up and smell the sh!t man, they've been saying the album is their priority for the last two years....in that time tom's released a film that took 5 years to make, and travis made his album, meanwhile mark is off doing tv. They don't record in the same room, they don't work to the same schedules....I'm fairly certain the album is NOT the main priority

as a blink fan, you really need to wake up and smell the sh!t man, they've been saying the album is their priority for the last two years....in that time tom's released a film that took 5 years to make, and travis made his album, meanwhile mark is off doing tv. They don't record in the same room, they don't work to the same schedules....I'm fairly certain the album is NOT the main priority

Your theory. Thankfully yours is an opinion not shared by the majority of the rest of us.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Your theory. Thankfully yours is an opinion not shared by the majority of the rest of us.
    have you had a look at the blink page - the amount of threads there that agree with me is unbelievable, thus I'm not alone! show me one bit of proof that this album is to the forefront of their activities. I love blink, always have, but this is no way to treat their legacy, time to move on methinks, if your heart's not in it, don't bother I say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

have you had a look at the blink page - the amount of threads there that agree with me is unbelievable, thus I'm not alone! show me one bit of proof that this album is to the forefront of their activities. I love blink, always have, but this is no way to treat their legacy, time to move on methinks, if your heart's not in it, don't bother I say

I think most of us can respect the fact they have lives of their own and side projects that they are devoted to. It would be awful of Tom to completely ditch the AvA guys just because Blink is a bigger cash cow. And if Travis wants to make a solo album, who are you to demand that he doesn't?

And if they really wanted to "treat their legacy" poorly, they would have just went on another greatest hits tour with no new material like you wanted them to. What they're doing now is very much with fans in mind, waiting until they have something new to give us before coming back.

I think most of us can respect the fact they have lives of their own and side projects that they are devoted to. It would be awful of Tom to completely ditch the AvA guys just because Blink is a bigger cash cow. And if Travis wants to make a solo album, who are you to demand that he doesn't?

And if they really wanted to "treat their legacy" poorly, they would have just went on another greatest hits tour with no new material like you wanted them to. What they're doing now is very much with fans in mind, waiting until they have something new to give us before coming back.
    If they had the fans in mind, they never would have booked a tour they had no intention of fulfilling. If they wanted to take their time recording, why did they announce dates waay back in december? they could have waited untill now to announce the uk dates for this year, and as for the concerts next year, what band has ever had a 14 month gap between tickets going on sale and the actual show, chances are the band prob wont be together then, or people's plans will have changed. I'm just saying, it's unprofessional at best.

If they had the fans in mind, they never would have booked a tour they had no intention of fulfilling. If they wanted to take their time recording, why did they announce dates waay back in december? they could have waited untill now to announce the uk dates for this year, and as for the concerts next year, what band has ever had a 14 month gap between tickets going on sale and the actual show, chances are the band prob wont be together then, or people's plans will have changed. I'm just saying, it's unprofessional at best.

So are you suggesting that they booked the tour, knowing full well they weren't going to play it, as some sort of elaborate plot to make more money?

This is the first time the three of them have had to balance so many projects at the same time. I imagine it would be incredibily difficult to record an album with Blink, and with AvA and score a film soundtrack for Tom. Travis has an album of his own as well as a solo album to tour and promote. Mark produces for numerous other bands and has his own TV show. A lot of commitments all around.

They underestimated how long it would take, which is understandable as they've never been so busy in their careers. Did you want them to rush out an album? Almost certainly it wouldn't have been as good as it should be if they did that.

So are you suggesting that they booked the tour, knowing full well they weren't going to play it, as some sort of elaborate plot to make more money?

This is the first time the three of them have had to balance so many projects at the same time. I imagine it would be incredibily difficult to record an album with Blink, and with AvA and score a film soundtrack for Tom. Travis has an album of his own as well as a solo album to tour and promote. Mark produces for numerous other bands and has his own TV show. A lot of commitments all around.

They underestimated how long it would take, which is understandable as they've never been so busy in their careers. Did you want them to rush out an album? Almost certainly it wouldn't have been as good as it should be if they did that.
    I'm suggesting that they shouldn't have booked the tour unless they knew for certain that the album would be done. the side projects could have been put on the backburner for a while instead of constantly lying about the album progress....it was supposedly started in 2009, and now in 2011, AvA are on the verge of releasing their 2nd album in that time and Travis has his album, why didn't they just make blink the priority? AvA don't have a record label to please, so there was no rush there, that's all I'm saying

man so what what ,they all have lives and have their own career paths!! so what and as a blink fan i would rather wait for a kickass album rather than a huried and crap album , and im sure people will still find a reason to moan about the new album regardless of weather its out this summer or next !!!

the people on the blink pages are just fan boys or just obsessed with tom mark and travis in particular ,yes half of them are genuinely pisssed that they cancelled but if they really and truly like blink they would wait because trust me as a true blink it will mean alot more to me to have such a god album after such a long time that it would a smile to my face!!!! "no way to treat their legacy" . . . . .nah man that utter bull****. . . as far as they are concerned they can do what they like because they know that they have die hard fans out there that will understand .and its not only their "side projects" they have a family and kids, they arent teenagers any more or in their mid 20"s ,they have responsibilities now

marks twitter
    Hi. Mark here. I have
    been reading all of your comments, both here and on my twitter, and to
    those of you who're frustrated, angry, let down, and incredulous, I
    feel you. I feel the same way. I've had a while to process everything
    and I'm still bummed. This was not an easy decision for us at all. One
    of the hardest things we've had to do. Ever. It sucks. The point is we
    didn't want to rush and put out an inferior record. We also didn't want
    to become a band who relies on their past success and just plays the
    same songs every tour, even though we'll always play the older stuff as
    well. blink-182 NEEDS to make new music. For you, and for us. I did a
    long interview with Kerrang! about the postponement of the tour, and
    hopefully that helps explain everything a little better. I think it
    comes out on Wednesday. To those who've tried to be supportive and
    understanding, I thank you. For real. This needs to be the best album
    we've ever recorded, and we're working hard towards that goal.
    blink-182 for life.Mark

there yeh go!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I understand why they're doing it.. Have they apologised though? They've said their bummed and they really don't want to do it and it sucks, but I haven't yet read an apology.. Correct me if I'm wrong on that one, cos I could well be..

A V A wrote: »
    man so what what ,they all have lives and have their own career paths!! so what and as a blink fan i would rather wait for a kickass album rather than a huried and crap album , and im sure people will still find a reason to moan about the new album regardless of weather its out this summer or next !!!
    just a hunch here, but i'm guessin you're a blink fan who would rather wait for an album because you didn't spend money you didnt have planning to go see them in the UK because you were planning on it being the last show you attended because you thought you'd be too old the next time round

His name is A V A. What gave it away that he's a blink fan? :P

• Advertisement

AvA is a Blink fan?!

nowai-owl.jpg

just a hunch here, but i'm guessin you're a blink fan who would rather wait for an album because you didn't spend money you didnt have planning to go see them in the UK because you were planning on it being the last show you attended because you thought you'd be too old the next time round

number one ,i did pay for a ticket to see them play in londons o2 arena on the 18th of july but that doesnt phase me im in the process of getting my money back
    and number two, your never to old to go see your favorite band play let alone to go see blink 182

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

First single in almost 8 years this FRIDAY.

Cannot. ****ing. Wait.

Tenks wrote: »
    First single in almost 8 years this FRIDAY.

Cannot. ****ing. Wait.

Link? Please? :D

It's on Mark's twitter/google+/facebook. :P

So hyped up for this, no matter how good it sounds I'll end up underwhelmed! Ah well, 8 long year wait for new material is about to end!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sidekick!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,936 ✭✭✭✭Basq

From Mark's Twitter:
    ATTENTION!!! Up All Night premiere is being moved up to today in the next few hours!!! Stay tuned!

And from Travis's Twitter:
    The premiere of "UP ALL NIGHT" is now dropping 2day. #DONTSLEEP

• Advertisement

There was a 30 second clip floating about but it's gone now. Must have listened to it about 50 times. Gave me goosebumps the first time.

To me it sounds very much like Elevator, with some AVA space effects thrown in. But remember this is only 30 second snippet.

Advertisement