Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Update Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

• Registered Users Posts: 43,936 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Tis a bit "Boxcar Racer-ish".

Not sure - tough to judge from 30 seconds tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

@markhoppus: UP ALL NIGHT PREMIERE AT 5PM PACIFIC TIME ON KROQ 106.7FM AND KROQ.COM!!!! HERE IT COMES!! SPREAD THE WORD!!!!

THATS 1AM OUR TIME!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,936 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The full song will air on KROQ at 5pm PST / 1am here, so an hour and a half!

You can listen live here!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

sounds like box car just got raped by angels and airwaves

i dont know what to make of it tbh ,i just cant wait for the album

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    The full song will air on KROQ at 5pm PST / 1am here, so an hour and a half!

You can listen live here!

Can only listen through that link if you're in the States, no?

http://www.justin.tv/atticus18244fsas#/w/1472090976/2

This link is working for me. It's a live stream for KROQ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

The verses are amazing.

But I HATE the Chorus.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,663 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Can't stop listening to this. So good.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Can't stop listening to this. So good.

I could be on my tenth straight listen to it. At this rate I think we'll be Up All Night listening to it.. :pac:

But no seriously, it's so awesome to hear toms voice and then marks on a track.
    Has anyone heard from AvA? I hope he's ok, poor guy could have fainted with excitement.

Dissapointed with Up All Night. Agree with one of the above posters, the verses are the song's strongest points, the chorus is extremely poor. Average song, and that's being kind.

Hopefully it grows on me and I'm only disliking it because the long wait had me expecting something fantastic, but my expectations ahead of the new album have been lowered big time.

CMpunked wrote: »
    I could be on my tenth straight listen to it. At this rate I think we'll be Up All Night listening to it.. :pac:

Has anyone heard from AvA? I hope he's ok, poor guy could have fainted with excitement.

That did give me a bit of a buzz alright!

Probably when he heard the AvA effects in the background of the song

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Jesus christ sad to think this is the same band I thought were the top of skate pop punk, sorry guys utter **** now :(

mayordenis wrote: »
    Jesus christ sad to think this is the same band I thought were the top of skate pop punk, sorry guys utter **** now :(

In fairness, Untitled was a great album and that was a move away from skate pop-punk.

But I do share your dissapointment with Up All Night. Hopefully the album can deliver better.

They grew up, they have gained genuine musical abilities that go a great distance more than they did in their skate punk days.

And to prove my point, go and look up their set at last years redding and Leeds festival. They play all their old stuff better than they have ever have before.
    But I do share your dissapointment with Up All Night. Hopefully the album can deliver better.

when you consider that up all night was written over 2 years ago, I would think so :)

Were you expecting guys in their late thirties to still be writing skater punk songs? Seriously?

when you consider that up all night was written over 2 years ago, I would think so :)

That's what has me pessimistic tbh. That they've continued writing for over two years and in all that time they haven't produced a song they thought would be a better single than this.

There's no way that the Up All Night from 09 and today are the same song.

I'd be willing to bet the song has drastically changed many times since then.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

im kinda glad about this but im not really happy to be honest,i know i like ava but not as much as blink ,im f*ckin fed up of tom using the synthesis sounds on everything he does, the ava albums got progressively worse cause of it!! dont get me wrong i know everyone has grown musically wise in blink but it sounds to me like mark is the only one that still have that sound that suites blink, he killed it on this track and was amazing , travis you can hear the diference in the drums i think he has gone for the more acoustic mic of the drums(said in a interview he changed the way recorded he drums in diferent ways) and tom just sounds like he had no option but to put in the sounds of a new toy he bought hahaha those synth sounds dont really go with he song and in my opinion the song is all over the place for me,
    its so weird to hear it , this after the wait and after how many times they have changed it just is a bit of a let down for me but as of music these days i love will grow on me but these have "saved me"(gay i know) but its the truth ,so no matter what they do ,ill always buy their records etc

its been a while know ,people change and so do their perspective of music and how they create it, their not kids now ,their family has grown and so have their kids, that would defo effect them!!

i really do love mark on this track ,feel like im back listening to take of your pants and jacket when i hear his voice singing

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sidekick!

http://www.182online.com/2011/07/15/new-blink-182-record-neighborhoods-to-be-released-september-27th/

blinks album titled neighborhoods is out sep 27!!

Oh and to the people bitching about this not sounding like 'blink' (which, funny they say that because it's blink playing this music and THEY decide what THEY sound like) - if you really want to listen to music that sounds like it's from 1999 then go listen to Enema of the State. The rest of us will enjoy a band who have broken up, gone through a LOT of ****, reformed and progressed.

Listen to Up All Night and immediately listen to Feeling This after.

They actually go well together.

Ok, listened to this again this morning and it is better than I gave it credit for last night. I think I just felt underwhelmed because of the long wait and build-up that this wasn't the greatest song they ever made. I'd probably give it a 6 or 7 out of 10 when I'm used to giving Blink a full 10.

It's a good song, but still one of, if not the weakest single they've released. That probably says more about the quality of their previous singles than anything else though. The album needs to deliver better than this, but its still damn good that they are together and making music again, and the verses of Up All Night do promise great things to come from the new album

Setlist appeared on the Wikipedia page for Neighborhoods. Includes a song called Diamond In The Ruff featuring none othar than Tim Armstrong from Rancid!! Hopefully this is accurate but there is no source for the information so it could easily be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

AdamD wrote: »
    Were you expecting guys in their late thirties to still be writing skater punk songs? Seriously?

Offspring.

Tom revealed on facebook that he was diagnosed with skin cancer last July. Then said "all ok though." so hopefully that means he is cured of it, or close to beating it.

http://heartsallgone.com/

CTRL A

new song, not sure tbh

I love it!

Kinda old school Blink there, Apple Shampoo meets the Untitled album.

Really love this.

• Advertisement

Not a fan of it, much prefer Up All Night. I think they released this to keep the Dude Ranch bumboys happy and stop some of the AvA bashing

Advertisement