Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Update Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

If up all night was very ava-like, this has +44 all over it.

BLINK 182 LIFE, 4 LIFE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Reminds me more of the likes of Obvious and Here's Your Letter from Unititled rather than +44.

Anyway, we aren't going to attribute every song on the album to a side project involving one of the band members are we?!

I also highly doubt that they are that eager to please a small section of ranting fans giving out on twitter that they sat down and discussed which song sounded least like AvA and most like old Blink and proceeded to release it before schedule, just to appease Internet Warriors and "Dude Ranch Bumboys"

I'd just like to reiterate, I f*cking love this song!

CMpunked, you got the 182nd post you jammy git!
    But I tasted the real victory, with the 182nd reply, muahahahaha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i bloody love it !!!!!!!!!

thats the blink i want so so good ,at times it sounds like nofx hha

Blink182NeighborhoodGb040811.jpg

Note the little tribute to DJAM

• Advertisement

Note the little tribute to DJAM

theres a few more too, i spotted kids names, their own names and a few others, like jerry finn.

r.i.p to finn n am

i know this record will be in the memory of them , reall brothers to blink

this means so much to me that blink have brought music back together . . .realyy does

x x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

• Registered Users Posts: 12,663 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

They're both amazing cant wait to hear studio versions, have way more potential than the 1st two tracks released.

the first song sounds like letters to god by box care i know everyone is going on about pe comparing their new stuff to other things blink did but this sounds like it so much

• Advertisement

I'm struggling to get into these, purely because they're live recordings. The curious part of me wants to listen to these over and over again to form an opinion on them, but I think I'll just ignore them until some studio quality recordings surface. From what I heard they did sound like they might sound good though!

This guy would wanna hope the new album doesn't suck...

photo.JPG

but I think I'll just ignore them until some studio quality recordings surface. From what I heard they did sound like they might sound good though!

I played each one for about 30 seconds and stopped the two of them.
    Theres no way im going to gauge an opinion over a live recording done by someone in the crowd.
    They said they had the songs near ready for last years euro tour and purposely didnt play them because they didnt want people to hear the new blink182 as a recording off a phone.
    So im agreeing with them on that.

Bring on september 27th i say!

tumblr_lnbmjb4DUT1qles50
    tumblr_lnbmjb4DUT1qles50
    tumblr_lnbmjb4DUT1qles50

Angels and Airwaves' film was released last night across the States for one night only ahead of it's release on DVD in November.

The reaction on twitter from people who have seen it has been overwhelmingly positive so far.

AvA also premiered the video to their new song "Anxiety". I heard it on a youtube recording and although the sound quality wasn't perfect it sounded like it could be the strongest single they've ever released.

id love to see that love movie

That reminded me greatly of the STFTK video.

Don't see the relevance of the video with the song

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Don't see the relevance of the video with the song

I think its more for the album cover/single cover.

But then again, continuing on from the resemblance to the STFTK vid;
    Peoples most used phrase during the blink split were, ironically, stay together for the kids. I think this video is a way for blink to say, were back because you wanted us back, now go feckin mental.
    Meaning the video is more about blinks return than the message of the song.

i honestly dont like it , cheesy to the brim!! they look like dads standing in the middle of a whole lot of kid!!! and i hate the way people say they got back together for the kids , but the kids that like them these days were just out of nappys when enema was brought out , all their fans that were with them through it all and even before take off your pants would be 22 or older ,i dont want to see them with a load of kids, it doesn't make sense to me ,ye ok they have to make a video etc and the idea of a load of adults messing or something wouldnt look good either but at-least do something mature ,which is what they are ,i am a blink fan but this personally doesn't relate to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

You do realise that Mark from Blink 182 is nearly 40 at this stage. He was almost 30 when that Enema CD came out.

So it's not like they were ever 'down with the kids'.

If their fans that were with them 'through it all' are just over 22 now that means they were 12 or so when Take Off Your Pants came out.

Oh dear oh dear. That means 2 of the band were 26 year olds playing to 12 year olds at that time. And the bass player was 29 - playing to a bunch of 12 year olds.

Never ever down with the kids at all. Or if they were - it was 'down with the kids' in the sort of way that makes them liable to court proceedings.

what ever man. . . . . the way they are in that video just is ridiculous to me , thats my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

A V A wrote: »
    what ever man. . . . . the way they are in that video just is ridiculous to me , thats my opinion

They were always ridiculous. That's my point.

22 year olds who thought they were connecting to them 10 years ago were fooling themselves. These guys were always playing down to their audience.

Most bands do that of course - but thinking now that you're a bit older that you have some sort of right to them that younger fans don't is silly.

Teenagers will always be their target audience, no matter how much they mature. Have no problem with them having kids running around in the video. Didn't bother me with Feeling This, doesn't bother me now.

Anyway, it's only a music video.

Anyway, it's only a music video.

Exactly. The song is still fcukin awesome, even if the video was them running around naked or them all in suits looking all very serious.

good points lads but its just what i think , also i think the music is good

and not long to the album :)

Best article I've ever read on blink-182

From christwire.org (conservative values for an unsaved world)

http://christwire.org/2011/08/blink-182-emo-pop-punks-poster-children-or-gay-sex-triangle/

• Advertisement

From christwire.org (conservative values for an unsaved world)

http://christwire.org/2011/08/blink-182-emo-pop-punks-poster-children-or-gay-sex-triangle/

Not to try and spoil the fun, but i believe this is a satire site.

Advertisement