Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Update Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

NME reporting that Blink will be releasing 'After Midnight' this Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,663 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Brilliant, in love with that song just from ****ty youtube vids

AdamD wrote: »
    Brilliant, in love with that song just from ****ty youtube vids

Still haven't given the live recordings a proper listen.
    Think Gonzo on MTV2 gets to premiere it at 6pm. Video and all!

Nice one, lyrics to it are really good and catchy too

Nice one, lyrics to it are really good and catchy too

Oops, perhaps no video just yet after all.
    Blink-182 have confirmed the second single from their forthcoming album Neighbourhoods.

The band will release 'After Midnight' as the follow-up to 'Up All Night', which was issued in July.

The track will get its first official UK radio play on Zane Lowe's BBC Radio 1 show on Tuesday, September 6.

• Advertisement

After Midnight is premiering on BBC Radio One tomorrow. The questions is, what time?

The Host:
    zanelowe Zane Lowe

Blink 182 details are in: New single 'After Midnight' gets its exclusive first play on radio next Tuesday night at 7:30pm on R1.

The Musician:
    markhoppus Mark Hoppus

I will be world-premiering "After Midnight" on Radio One with @zanelowe Tues 745pm. Please spread the word!

Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭The House Of Wolves

Apologies if this was posted already: http://get182.com/

I am hopeless at these things :|

• Registered Users Posts: 43,936 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Get182.com

.. infuriating!

PS - use the keyboard instead of the mouse.. it's easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭The House Of Wolves

Basq wrote: »
    Get182.com

.. infuriating!

PS - use the keyboard instead of the mouse.. it's easier!

Yesss, got it! Thanks for the hint :D 6 attempts. I am the master :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

Untitled.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,936 ✭✭✭✭Basq

183 and 181 are all too common..

.. got it eventually.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

I F*CKIN GOT IT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Got it but the download isn't working :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

I got it but haven't recieved an email..

Never thought I'd say this but: Tom sounds better live.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Got it eventually, better than up all night anyway.. Maybe there's hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭killyourtv_

I got 182 in 87 tries.. kept getting 183 and 181. SO ANNOYING :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Got it in 9 times. :cool::cool:

I got it but haven't recieved an email..

Same
    markhoppus Mark Hoppus

official word is that you destroyed the servers' delivery systems. new emails will be sent out tomorrow morning. you broke the internets!!

• Advertisement

Everone is posting how many attempts it took to stop the counter at 182, but what do ya'll think of the song?!

Personally, I love it.

I think its great, the three songs have really shown a lot of the diversity that they were speaking about when they were making the album.
    I only listened to it about 4 times and i already feel its a classic.

Tom: I can't believe its not butter....

had me in tears

The label organised a special playing of Neigborhoods played for music journalists only. Here's NME's review.

Has me really excited :D

Given that 'Neighborhoods' has been a full eight years in the making, with a split and reformation in the middle of all that, Blink-182's worry that their long awaited seventh album will find its way onto the internet early is probably pretty justified. Hence, earlier today, when it was played to a room full of journalists for the first time, it was in the soundproofed surroundings of their UK label's office. There were sandwiches though, which was nice.

As for the record, anyone who hoped they'd return to the days of two-minute punk rock songs is going to be mostly disappointed, as is anyone who hoped that the jokes about ****ing each other's mums and various animals would be back. They're not, though there is a great line about a helicopter. The band themselves have called it an album with the best bits of all their past LPs in it. And do you know what…they're probably right. Here's a track by track rundown.

Ghost On The Dancefloor
    It wouldn't have been acceptable for Blink-182 to come back with a whimper, so for the opening salvo we're greeted with a tribal clattering of Travis Barker's drums before a big, almost dancey guitar riff kicks in. Tom Delonge's kept the epic sound that has been the trademark of his Angels And Airwaves project and condensed it into this sleek opener, held together by a vocal hook of "So our wounds start to heal". Given this is their first album since their reformation, it's safe to say it's something of a mission statement.

Natives
    This one races out of the speakers, punky guitars colliding with a slightly distorted vocal line at a relentless pace. Not unlike 'Always' from their self-titled record, it's lyrically as dark as the band have got, with the main hook consisting of "We're having the time of our lives, even though we're dying inside".

Up All Night
    You've all heard this one, a big, spacey guitar riff powering a battering ram of a track. It amps things up after 'Natives' and keeps the album's pretty brutal pace going. Anyone who commented at the time that this would make a lot more sense in the context of the full album has been proved absolutely correct. Odd choice for comeback single, but a great track still.

After Midnight
    This debuted online earlier this week and is one of the record's highlights. A lovely subtle love song and the lightest moment on the LP. "We'll stumble home after midnight, sleep arm in arm in the stairwell" croons Mark Hoppus over a gentle riff. Whoever fancies themselves as the new John Hughes should be locking this down for the big kissing scene at the end of their new flick now.

Interlude (Heart's All Gone)
    Not unlike 'The Fallen Interlude' on their self-titled record in that it's an instrumental break in the album. Kind of like half-time. Built around a piano refrain and a guitar riff that's oddly reminiscent of 30 Seconds To Mars…

Heart's All Gone
    You've heard this one too. Roaring out after the instrumental, it's a full on nod to the band's early days of 'Dude Ranch' and 'Cheshire Cat'. Minimal production, stupidly fast drumming and a relentless driving melody all chucked in. Feels a little odd in the context of an album that's largely very layered, but it's a nice gesture to older fans.

Wishing Well
    Another throwback of sorts, but this time more to their 'Enema Of The State' days. A really poppy guitar lick with a classic Blink "Da da da" chorus in the centre. Pop punk perfection.

Kaleidoscope
    We're back to the dark stuff of the early tracks now, with a concerned Tom Delonge singing "It's the first time that I'm worried" over the top of a jagged drum beat.

This Is Home This is the 'Oh, don't worry, it'll be fine' to 'Kaleidoscope''s paranoia. A bright colourful guitar riff and lights up a brisk three and a half minutes, with Tom Delonge telling us that he's about to 'dance like ****ing animals'. There's also a bizarrely well put together synth pop refrain in there somewhere.

MH 4.18.2011
    A more straightforward effort, like something from the tail end of 'Take Off Your Pants And Jacket', with meaty pop hooks a plenty. It also features the album's best lyric - "Stop living in the shadow of a helicopter". Which is genius.

Love Is Dangerous
    'Neighborhoods' ends, perhaps fittingly, on a gloomy note, with lots of layered synths building slowing a massive guitar crescendo. The last notes on the album are Travis Barker's military snare roll, which gentles fade away to nothing after an intense instrumental bridge.

Verdict
    The band have been talking up the LP as the best of everything they've done and they're right. It's definitely the darkest they've gone, both lyrically and musically, but they've reined in the random experimental elements of their last album and shown they're ok to showcase their past on some tracks too. It's a bravely progressive record and it's great.

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=140&title=first_listen_blink_182_neighbourhoods&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

The label organised a special playing of Neigborhoods played for music journalists only. Here's NME's review.

Has me really excited :D

This looks savageeeee

another review: http://www.punktastic.com/columns/18/Blink-182---Neighborhoods-Track-By-Track/

It's leaked!!
    :D:D

PM me link!!

Gonna wait for the proper release. Blink pretty much the only band I won't download illegally .

• Advertisement

I downloaded it, only because a few of my friends posted lyrics which i was too curious to know how it sounds in front of music.

I will definitely be buying the album though when it is released, blink will still get my money. :pac:

Advertisement