Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkshake shops

Options
  • 03-09-2010 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

I've noticed two new Milkshake shops open in city centre recently, one on Liffey St and one on Dame St.

What's that about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I reckon they are

A) Shops

B) That Sell Milkshakes

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

But will they bring all the boys to the yard? :D

Jen ;->

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Also one opening/opened on South Georges St.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Birneybau wrote: »
    I reckon they are

A) Shops

B) That Sell Milkshakes

I think you are probably right there but a shop that sells only milkshakes seems a bit odd nowadays.

I just found this thread. The one on Liffey Street is this one and the one on Dame St is this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

My Gf thought the one on Dame St was lovely, lad in work thought the one on Liffey St was nice too.

Seems to be the done thing, something new arrives, closely followed by others of the same ilk, Gourmet Burgers spring to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

myself and my OH got them last week in the one on dame street, really tasty...i had the nestle crunch one and he had the reeses cups one...
    essentially you can get any chocolate treat/sweet treat in a milkshake and a large is only 3.50

if i wasn't on a diet i'd be in there quite a bit - i heart milkshakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

I thought it was just the 2 until I saw another one on Georges Street.

The one on Liffey St. is a major franchise apparently and the others are copycats.

Havent tried the Georges street one yet but the other 2 are lovely.

The Liffey street store has a more impressive menu and is nicer inside.

Rusks milshakes FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

I bought my daughter a shake in the liffey st shop and we enjoyed a good game of table football while waiting, the shake was delicious.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

There in one in Dundrum owned and run by Eddie rockets. I've only been to one in Galway. That was nice but you wouldn't want too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

tfak85 wrote: »
    essentially you can get any chocolate treat/sweet treat in a milkshake and a large is only 3.50.

Sounds like a bit of a rip-off to me?

• Advertisement

jdivision wrote: »
    Sounds like a bit of a rip-off to me?

i passed by the liffey street one yesterday and the regular was €4.20..

^^ Thats not right.

I paid 3.25 for mine. Large is closer to four.

You can get toppings and extras which cost more.

Plently in a reglar sized one, dont see the point in a large unless youre sharing with someone. Could barely finish a regular. Would go back though.

judas101 wrote: »
    ^^ Thats not right.

I paid 3.25 for mine. Large is closer to four.

You can get toppings and extras which cost more.

Plently in a reglar sized one, dont see the point in a large unless youre sharing with someone. Could barely finish a regular. Would go back though.

that's what i saw written on the board outside but perhaps it was just for the special of the day or something...my mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

They've had these in London for a while. There's always a queue at the one in Islington.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Although they are delish,they aren't exactly the hardest to make yourself at home

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

tfak85 wrote: »
    that's what i saw written on the board outside but perhaps it was just for the special of the day or something...my mistake.

Went in there today, €3.95 for a large.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I'm wondering how well they'll survive the winter here. Though I think the one on Liffey St sells hot versions as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

PH4T wrote: »
    I just found this thread. The one on Liffey Street is this one and the one on Dame St is this one.

The one on dame street is very nice by the way its facebook is http://www.facebook.com/shakes.milkshakebar not the other link:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I've tried two so far:
    Eddie Rocket's Shake Shop in the Charlestown Centre in Finglas
    Shakeaway on Liffey St.

I can't remember the prices in Eddie's place, but i think it was 4ish
    Shakeaway have far more choices than Eddies, but were much slower, and I much prefer the Ice Cream in Eddie Rocket's.
    Have yet to try the place on Dame St.

MMMMMmilkshakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the one on Georges street is great.

2.90 for any shake.

they have bananas and strawberries for the health conscience.

then it gets dirty.

any chocolate bar (that they have behind the counter) milkshake only been in once but there were star bars, aeros (mint + regular), malteasers, dairy milk range (caramello, etc).

the beauty about this place is they also sell sweets by the quarter for 1.50. they will also make a milkshake out of any sweets they sell.

apple drop milkshake here i come...

• Advertisement

Sounds intersting!

Like to idea of selling the old sweets in quarts. Sadly not too many places do this anymore.

I'd be skeptical about a boiled sweet milkshake though. Dont see how that'd work.

Milkshakes seem to be the real flavour of the month. Interesting how all 3 places opened up around the same time. I know Shakeaway is a very successful franchise in the UK though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Sounds intersting!

Like to idea of selling the old sweets in quarts. Sadly not too many places do this anymore.

Mr. Treats on Crown Alley (above old Eamon Dorans) sells sweets by weight, and there's another new one in the arcade on Georges St. I find it so hard to stay away :( I'm a FIEND for the sweets!

Regarding milkshakes, I've had a few from Shakes and I have to say the Dime Bar one is only gorgeous! Delicious. And student discount ;)

I'd be skeptical about a boiled sweet milkshake though. Dont see how that'd work.

blendtec blenders make them work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

I'd sell my granny on ebay for a kinder bueno milkshake from that new place on Dame St now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Cough Sweets Shakes for the winter months, anyone else creeped out at the thought of a Rusk Shake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

blendtec blenders make them work...

That is seventeen kinds of goodness.

Cough Sweets Shakes for the winter months, anyone else creeped out at the thought of a Rusk Shake.

you sir have given me a great idea.

i first thought wow a blackjack sweet milkshake would be good.

then i got thinking a postman pat sweet milkshake would be even better. goes scouring the internet for those sweets to make a homemade one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

anyone else creeped out at the thought of a Rusk Shake.

If you mean the baby stuff (?!), then yes totally.
    I reckon a Malibu milkshake with strawberries and whipped cream is where it's at for me right now :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I went to Shake Away on Liffey St today and it was crap! Firstly they got my order wrong, so I was waiting an extra ten minutes. My OH had all but finished his when I got mine. Secondly, they're not the best at the blending. I got a Twix milkshake and at the end of the cup there was three or four large bits of bar left, just threw it out, I was hardly gonna go into the cup with my hands :p OH got a marshmallow one and the bottom was a similar situation, just loads of gooey, un-suck-able marshmallow left. Thumbs down from us.

Shakes on Dame Street FTW!

• Advertisement

I thought the straws usually have spooney bits on the end so you can get the chunky bits?

Have you tried the one on Georges St.?

Advertisement