Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkshake shops

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The pieces of Twix left were about one inch big each! And the marshmallow was an almost solid, a bit gooey lump.

Haven't tried the one on George's Street yet, next on the list!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

Me neither but Ill be visiting it soon.

I think its a good idea as its an alternative to getting a pint.

Have to say I tried a 'rusk, ginger and malteaser' today in Shakeaway and it was to die for.

I'll be trying shakes again soon too. The one I had in there (Bounty) was also good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am the only person that Milkshakes run straight through...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Hopefully, some fierce competition will bring some great milkshake deals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Twee. wrote: »
    The pieces of Twix left were about one inch big each! And the marshmallow was an almost solid, a bit gooey lump.

Haven't tried the one on George's Street yet, next on the list!

Was it difficult to drink the whole milkshake through the straw or was it just those bits at the bottom that were big, because it sounds like those were the toppings. They specifically put sweets in at the top so you have a nice treat to eat when you get to the bottom.

I had a Ferrero Rocher and Kinder Bueneo milkshake with Flake topping (a "Dave") in Shakeaway and it was gorgeous, I can't wait to go back to try a Jelly Baby milkshake next :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

elekid wrote: »
    Was it difficult to drink the whole milkshake through the straw or was it just those bits at the bottom that were big, because it sounds like those were the toppings. They specifically put sweets in at the top so you have a nice treat to eat when you get to the bottom.

No, I ordered a plain Twix milkshake, no toppings. It just wasn't blended enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DecentBee

Fringe wrote: »
    Hopefully, some fierce competition will bring some great milkshake deals.

Dunno why but that post made me laugh.

I've been to the one on Dame St regularly, trying to work my way through the menu (might take a while!), is there any point switching to either of the others?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

DecentBee wrote: »
    is there any point switching to either of the others?

A bit of competition is good for us customers so make the most of it I reckon.

Shop around!

Ill be looking out for the best deals.

Shakeaway also do warm milkshakes which might be worth bearing in mind for winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Twee. wrote: »
    No, I ordered a plain Twix milkshake, no toppings. It just wasn't blended enough.

Hmm, I'll have to watch out for that in future so. Nothing worse than a lumpy milkshake (or smoothie) when the straw keeps getting blocked.

Advertisement