Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 - 3,000 mile challenge - how far have you run since Jan 1?

Options
  • 03-09-2010 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭

Should have titled this thread "Blowing Own Trumpet (Again :rolleyes: ).

I passed the 2,000 mile mark on Sep 1st. Now heading for for the 3k mark. How are all you others in the 1,000 mile club going?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Some of you guys are just running animals. Partly due to the 1000 mile thread I pushed hard to complete mine earlier than I ever would have otherwise. It did however push pure mileage to the fore rather than a bit more quality that I probably needed. Maybe 1500 for me by the year end.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Outstanding stuff Condo. Fantastic mileage. Sounds like you're one day behind plan though. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

To be honest havent really kept count since then but i say i am over given i needed roughly 45 a week (taking into account my two week rest break) must have a look back and find out just out of general interest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Not fair. This looks like to be the first year for quite some time where I don't hit 3000 miles. Where were you for 2009, 2008, 2007, ... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

Not fair. This looks like to be the first year for quite some time where I don't hit 3000 miles. Where were you for 2009, 2008, 2007, ... ?
    2007 ...not on Boards
    2008...Major surgery (not running related)...recovery mode..just glad to be able to run again - EVER!
    2009...struggled for first few months...Ballycotton on 8 mpw for last 8 weeks, i.e. 67 miles! Managed to hit the 1k mark in Aug (afaicr).
    2010... had expected yourself and others to pip me to 1k. Connemara came just in time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Savage amount of running! You're obviously pounding the pavements somewhere in Cork every time I go running so. Can't see myself getting to the 2k mark this year tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Some mileage there Condo - I'm currently on 1350 and don't plan on going too far north of 2100.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Condo131 wrote: »
    2007 ...not on Boards
    2008...Major surgery (not running related)...recovery mode..just glad to be able to run again - EVER!
    2009...struggled for first few months...Ballycotton on 8 mpw for last 8 weeks, i.e. 67 miles! Managed to hit the 1k mark in Aug (afaicr).
    2010... had expected yourself and others to pip me to 1k. Connemara came just in time!

Ok, so that's where you were ...
    Glad to hear you managed to recover from major surgery.

Great running this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

About 1700 for me at the moment. Ill have to count the miles from my log.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Over 1800 miles. Since the 1000 mile mark though I've relaxed a fair bit and thrown in more rest days which has been more sensible.

• Advertisement

Rest day? What's a rest day? :rolleyes:
    My rest day is Monday when I take a womens beginner group for 3 Miles, and then do 5 easy afterwards.

I took a day off in July (24 hour bug), otherwise the last day off was last October. Maybe RoyMcC wasn't far off the mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Mick Rice

2098 so far....did a tentative 2 miles today...after three weeks out.

The next couple of hours will tell a tale :-)

Passed 2700 mark this morning (2705.42). All going well, should pass the 3,000 mile mark on 29th Dec....not much leeway! Got 9.5 miles in this morning - no problems but bitterly cold wind. Because of the weather/surface conditions, some of you guys will be struggling to get anything decent in.....was quite sunny here earlier today....nearer to the equator y'know :D

Advertisement