Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy lo

Options
  • 03-09-2010 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone been? I passed it by a few weeks back before it opened. I thought it was another place like Lidl but Irish like Crunch.

I have since learned that it is supposed to be more like Sams Club in the US, so a warehouse where you can buy huge containers of industrial sized stuff for cheap.

The one in Mullingar I saw did not look big on the outside so has anyone been inside?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Yeah I called in a couple of weeks back. It's branded goods at. . well . . nothing special prices. Like you say, there's plenty of bulk you can buy.

I can't for the life of me remember what the product was, but there was something there that was .30c more expensive than tesco.

Nothing special tbh - worth a look though, you might see something that catches your eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

They don't have giant tubs of Peanut butter and stuff like that do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

They may well have. They had things like catering boxes of tea bags, sugar and butter sachets. Worth a wander around.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

Where is it in Mullingar ? I'm in Mullingar most Saturdays, sounds like somewhere I'd like to mooch around for the afternoon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

If you come from the Mullingar Park plaza hotel heading in to town on the old Dublin road you will see it on the right if I remember right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Where is it in Mullingar ? I'm in Mullingar most Saturdays, sounds like somewhere I'd like to mooch around for the afternoon :)

Its in the same building as the Saab/Hyundai dealership beside the Shell/Centra garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Zikan

I live bout 40 miles away from Mullingar, a lot of my friends and neighbours traveling to BuyLo regularly from all over the midlands, they swear by it saying they save 30-40€ on a full shop, im gonna go down myself for a look when i get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Dave2 wrote: »
    I was in there last week and made HUGE savings compared to my regular shop! I mean a lot of the stuff is branded goods at similiar or lower prices to the crap you get in lidl or aldi. I saw this week they had 2Ls of Coca cola for €1.00, Ive never seen it that cheap anywhere!

own it do you......:P

1 post....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Zikan wrote: »
    I live bout 40 miles away from Mullingar, a lot of my friends and neighbours traveling to BuyLo regularly from all over the midlands, they swear by it saying they save 30-40€ on a full shop, im gonna go down myself for a look when i get a chance.

Save yourself the time, just saw your other posts, I was planning on doing my shopping in BuyLo but other posters are saying theres nothing worth shopping there for!!!
    Zikan wrote: »
    anybody visited any of the Buy Lo supermarkets yet? r they worth a visit?
    just pete wrote: »
    No cheaper imo, The odd special but noting worth going for
    Visited the one in Ashbourne. Not any cheaper than anywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 leticiamc

Yea. i think youd want to be doin a big family shop to save much. did pick up a bargain coat stand for 19 euro though. I guess its worth an odd look in for the odd ball stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

hi sorry for dragging up an old thread but does anybody know if the buylo store in shannon is still open?it doesnt seem to be listed on its website

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

It was a couple of weeks ago anyhow. Skycourt shopping Centre. I think.

Advertisement