Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with UPC

• 03-09-2010 9:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Yes , but it's due to the upgrade works they are doing in the area.

Over the last week mine has gone down several times , sometimes just for a few minutes and twice it went down for a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Surely any responsible company would inform it's customers in advance of such disruptions particularly as the phone service could be essential for some?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Just got an "Important Notice" from UPC in the post today and it states that they intended to have all the work done within 12 weeks.

dub45 wrote:
    Surely any responsible company would inform it's customers in advance of such disruptions particularly as the phone service could be essential for some?

Got a notice from them today in the post , although the work started around two weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Check out this thread in the D15 forum. It's about the persistent issues in the area with UPC broadband & the 'upgrade' work being done.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055932852

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

I could be wrong here, but when you say its not showing up in the network search do you mean that the wireless isn't showing up? I'm not certain of this but I would imagine that the wireless would work irregardless of the network status (although it does try to pull down firmware from the network when it first starts, so its possible that is doesn't put the wireless interface up if it fails to get this firmware).

When (if) the wireless is not working have you tried connected directly to the router with a ethernet cable to see if the actual internet is still working?

Advertisement