Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't stand my friends children....:-(

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I know the kids are bratty especially when you have to mind them but u can't help feeling really sorry for them.

I'm sorry that your friend is in a bad marriage but surely she can see how it's damaging her kids. Its not normal for kids to speak to the mother like that and to have zero respect for her. Its not normal for kids to say things like 'is there anything to eat in this kip' to another adult unless this is how they see their parents act.

Those kids might turn out to be very nice young people but they may be totally screwed up by what they see at home. If it were me I'd challenge the young lad when he says things like that and tell him you don't accept that behaviour in your house. I think at risk of alienating my friend I would tell her your concerns about her kids. She has to see it herself but regardless of her unhappy marriage she has a parental responsibility to her kids to protect them and she is failing them by allowing them to be exposed to the relationship between her and the dad.

I'm not saying I don't feel sorry for her but I'd be more concerned about the damage to those little kids. Their behaviour would annoy but also worry me.

Advertisement