Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technology / Open source group

Options
  • 03-09-2010 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Just letting ye know that there's a Technology / Opensource / Linux group in Athlone. If you're interested feel free to post or if you want to come along to one of the meetings, you're more than welcome. We're trying to make the meetings and events regular, with one this coming Wednesday (8th of September) in Seans Bar (pub down by the Castle).

Essentially, it's just a group that meets to talk about tech related stuff and have a bit of a laugh. Topics are whatever you want to talk as it's very informal :) Anyone's welcome, students, lecturers, business people, beginners, professionals etc..

Come along if you want, or keep an eye on the website (www.athug.com) to see when the next meeting / event is coming up.

Cheers
    -Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sp1ky

Sounds interesting, might pop along if I can get a place to crash
    hint hint cherryghost :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

hey guys, I'd be very interested in coming along, was big into the linux scene until a year or so ago, love to start playing with it again! hope to see ye in seans in the night (only if us freshers are welcome:p)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

boo freshers! haha, kidding :) nope, like a standard LUG all are welcome :) We just have a broader scope of interests, so there's no problem talking about.... "Microsoft" or the demon Apple! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

good ta hear guys!! will be there, good ta see ye chose somewhere with good guinness :pac:

Silly mistake by me, the meet up is at 8 PM !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Sorry I couldn't make it, was up in Athlone IT regging for an evening course til almost 9 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

I'd be very interested in this.

I'll check it out.

we'll be doing something soon again, hopefully get some sort of event planned. At the moment, the big thing is the OSSBarcamp at the end of the month. Have a post on the athug.com site about it. Should be good craic, the last two were. :)

Advertisement