Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show 03/09/10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Derryleigh

darkman2 wrote: »
    Now Tubs is going on about the loopers with placards like they matter:rolleyes:

Loopers with placards.

Eh, boards = loopers with laptops!!! ie US

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

I respect tubridy more after this interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bigjohnny80

This is the most embarassing interview i have ever seen on the late late. Tubridy is a joke, i cannot believe how bad he is.

I feel sorry for Blair but at least he is running rings around him.

Tubridy should be ashamed of himself. The RTE execs must be cringing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

but he just plunges in with his scatter-gun style of questioning.

This is so irritating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

To be fair what Irish presenter would be on a even playing field with Tony Blair. Blair is a master and no Irish presenter would have been able to challenge him.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Dermotsull13

jesus this is brutal...tubs line of questioning is shocking...4 or 5 jibes in a row about drinking....we get it lik

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Tubs just recycled the same question over and over. Was it the wrong decision? Are you a war criminal? Do you have blood on your hands?

The man is useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Derryleigh wrote: »
    Loopers with placards.

Eh, boards = loopers with laptops!!! ie US

Eh if they were from Boards they'd be screaming for Tub's head for his crimes against entertainment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

cringe :o

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

I don't particularly like Tubbs but I thought this was a very good interview and Tubbs did ask some tough questions. It's a hell of a lot better than that Richard Dawkins interview. Makes me angry even thinking of that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭phonypony

God help me, i never thought id say this: bring on Jedward. They're much closer to Tubridy's level of intelligence...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

murpho999 wrote: »
    Sorry to go against the grain here but I find Tubridy is asking more pressing questions than the staged and recorded Andrew Marr interview on BBC two nights ago, but I'm sure a lot of people here didn't see that.

I saw that myself and Andrew Marr's interview was done in 3 clear stages and was clearly pre-agreed and staged. Tubridy has covered a lot in this interview but he simply doesnt possess the intellect to challenge Blair. Few can. Ask a hard-hitting question like "But there were no weapons of mass destruction were there?" and Blair will give his stock reply. Tubs simply doesnt possess the debating skill to take him on that point so we just get another question not linked to the one previously.

Blair has laid the blame for the WMD lie at the door of faceless "Intelligence". We will never know how much was intelligence and how much was Blair.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭spiderbeast

Corcs001 wrote: »
    I don't particularly like Tubbs but I thought this was a very good interview and Tubbs did ask some tough questions. It's a hell of a lot better than that Richard Dawkins interview. Makes me angry even thinking of that!

Dawkins doesn't deserve a good interview, he's a know it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Why get an entertainment presenter like Tubridy on the late late if they were gonna continue with social/current affair issues?

I assumed it was gonna be revamped into what his sat night show was like with all current affairs on The Frontline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,589 ✭✭✭baldbear

I hope jedward go apeshít on tubs. Karate kick him into the head by accident or something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Thank God thats over

He doesnt even know his own childrens nationality? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    To be fair what Irish presenter would be on a even playing field with Tony Blair. Blair is a master and no Irish presenter would have been able to challenge him.
    Miriam O Callaghan would

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

casio4 wrote: »
    Miriam O Callaghan would

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Tony Blair is a master of using his emotions to convey sincerity and empathy. A lot of sales / persuasion books would tell you that you to bring people with you need ..... Empathy + Sincerity = Persuasion .. similar to Bertie, who used his emotions in the Dobson interview to bring people back on his side... People will not believe you unless you are passionate about what you are speaking about..
    Which is the reason that Gordon Brown and Brian Cowan will never bring the people with them....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I thinks Tubs knew he did not have that much time with Blair so he hurried through his questions. He asked three questions when only one was needed. He should have calmed down and asked one question and let Blair talk instead of butting in with another question and not fully challenging Blair at all. It was not a good interview but I can not think of an Irish presenter who could have done much better than Tubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

johnn wrote: »
    Why get an entertainment presenter like Tubridy on the late late if they were gonna continue with social/current affair issues?

I assumed it was gonna be revamped into what his sat night show was like with all current affairs on The Frontline

well it's better than the "razor blade section" the plank had on as the last segment on every show when he was presenting it,resulting in me looking for only fools and horses or something good hearted to watch before I went to bed :_

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bigjohnny80

mariaf24 wrote: »

In fairness he was probably just fooking sick of the ridiculous repeated questions and constant interuption so at that stage wanted to go.

Tubs has some neck asking everyone about their drinking habits and making snide innuendo with it. The lad is fond of a few pints himself so I just dont know where he is trying to go with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

mariaf24 wrote: »

I think that Cherie let the cat out of the bag with that one. It would be hard for a former British Prime Minister to explain how his kids have passports of a foreign country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

casio4 wrote: »
    Miriam O Callaghan would
    Furrowing your brow, putting on a pained expression, interrupting someone and asking some stupid question? Tubs can do that very well.

Kenny or Richard Crowley would be good. What a wasted opportunity, how often are we going to see an Irish person get to interview Blair.

• Advertisement

(good thread so far lads, enjoying the contributions)..

By the way, Pat Kenny said today that he is recording an interview with Blair which will be on the radio show next week... Will be a good opportunity to compare a seasoned pro against a great pretender... Think it's gonna be on Monday..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Corcs001 wrote: »

When was Dawkins?

In fairness he was probably just fooking sick of the ridiculous repeated questions and constant interuption so at that stage wanted to go.

Tubs has some neck asking everyone about their drinking habits and making snide innuendo with it. The lad is fond of a few pints himself so I just dont know where he is trying to go with it.

LOL I know, im nit picking :pac:

Tubs asks everyone about drinking, cowen, ministers etc :rolleyes:

As if someday, someone will confess to being a raging alcoholic :rolleyes:

He asked about the drinking because Blair mentions that he was drinking too much in his book.

Oh Christ. Here we go.

• Advertisement

How long til these two kiss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,589 ✭✭✭baldbear

Agghh the lads are gas. The cut of them! Fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fentdog84

In fairness i think tony blair is one of the good guys he should get great credit for what he did for NI etc. He was bullied into the iraq war by the Americans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe
    cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe

This is going to be awful but I have to watch for some reason :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

"We don't drink, smoke or take drugs! Just shots in the mouth from each other when the camera is off!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

Get those f***in eijits of my screen!!!!

Oh yes, the x button worked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

fookin cone heads!!!!!!!!

Mentions the dead budgie before the dead granddad!eek.gif

Like, I can't watch this, like, crap, like.........

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭tintin67

Koloman wrote: »
    I think that Cherie let the cat out of the bag with that one. It would be hard for a former British Prime Minister to explain how his kids have passports of a foreign country.

Does the Daily Mail know? Obviously so proud to be British, not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

That would have damaged all the oil and precious resources :D
    No it wouldn't. The oil wells aren't in the cities. And the only precious resources Afghanistan has is being shot up the arms of the poor bastards in this country!
    murpho999 wrote: »
    Sorry to go against the grain here but I find Tubridy is asking more pressing questions than the staged and recorded Andrew Marr interview on BBC two nights ago, but I'm sure a lot of people here didn't see that.
    Absolutely. A fine interview. IMO far better and less 'staged' than Andrew Marr's.
    SkidMark wrote: »
    Tubridy way out of his league here.
    He has never done a good interview with a politician.
    Rubbish! It's not a politics show. It's meant to be light entertainment. Look at the two clowns on now if you don't believe me.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Fentdog84 wrote: »
    In fairness i think tony blair is one of the good guys he should get great credit for what he did for NI etc. He was bullied into the iraq war by the Americans

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Jedward are more at Tubridys level tbh.

Tubridy calling "code red code red... they have my questions"

baldbear wrote: »
    I hope jedward go apeshít on tubs. Karate kick him into the head by accident or something!

They nearly did just that.biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Anyone finding this really hard to watch? So much CRINGE!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

This is irelands future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭phonypony

you could cut the sexual tension with a knife...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

apart from the new-age "really, this book is a journey" crap, TB comes across pretty well. Not too polished. Gave the impression of engaging with the questions (crap, really crap questions that they were) and seemed able to take care of himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

TT09 wrote: »
    This is irelands future.

These guys have gotten more airtime on prime time talk shows in this country than the joker politicians that have shafted the lot of us............

Advertisement