Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Discount Store - Mr. Price - Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Trouble with stores like that is that they will further damage other small shops and businesses selling the same goods around Enniscorthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I doubt it's trouble really.

I'd look at it in a more positive light and see it as competition for other shops, employment for people and choice for consumers.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

I agree, local shops should see any new store as competion and up their own game. However every decent to large sized store built or proposed for Enniscorthy has met with objection and negativity from the tired old shop keepers of Enniscorthy who are to stubborn to accept change and up their game. Bring on progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Chloroplast

exactly, and its always been like that here too in wexford town.

the very second anyone tries to do something different or new its objected to straight away. the negativity in this town is appalling .

was out shopping on the town today, looking to buy some clothes, ended up finding absolutely nothing at all. dead town, full of crap sport saver shops with cheapo sport brands, and anywhere that dont, well they just do the usual, ben sherman, tommy hillfiger, levis, they have the same brands in every shop and this is going on for years. ive officially resorted to taking the bus to Waterford aswell as online shoping.

up wexford "n'all"

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Gaunty wrote: »
    Trouble with stores like that is that they will further damage other small shops and businesses selling the same goods around Enniscorthy.

Its people like you who halt progress.

What do you or anyone else owe these shopkeepers who are stuck in the past and can't up their game to compete with other businesses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Drove by it today and car park was full to capacity-you can't blame people for looking to get value for money.There's very little of it in the town-oh and no pay parking either.
    Competition is whats needed for the shops in town to up their game,what would they do if Penneys,Heatons and Tesco decided to open up in the town? You could imagine the outcry of certain individuals who had free reign for so many years.Look at Gorey,hardly any closed up retail units and they have all the big stores in and around the town.Didn't do any harm there.
    So I say good luck to MR.Price-hope more business decides to take the plunge in Enniscorthy and open up-God knows the place needs it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭furerer

Well done to a new enterprise giving competition to the town, it's got my vote.

Gaunty...........you wouldn't happen to be one of those tired old shop owners would you?

Like also to mention WELL DONE to "The Echo"...........picked it up this week, did my usual flick through........and was dumbstruck.........I couldn't find any of those trivial court cases, speeding, no seat belt, etc. I had to search a second time, but could not find any, only the cases that should be in there, robbery, etc. So unless I need to go to specsavers I am pleased about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭hop2it

furerer wrote: »
    Well done to a new enterprise giving competition to the town, it's got my vote.

Gaunty...........you wouldn't happen to be one of those tired old shop owners would you?

Like also to mention WELL DONE to "The Echo"...........picked it up this week, did my usual flick through........and was dumbstruck.........I couldn't find any of those trivial court cases, speeding, no seat belt, etc. I had to search a second time, but could not find any, only the cases that should be in there, robbery, etc. So unless I need to go to specsavers I am pleased about that.

court was probably on holidays :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mr. Price

Hi!

Thanks to everyone for your support and comments on the new Mr Price in Enniscorthy!

Keep an eye out for our new Facebook & Twitter pages in the coming weeks if you would like to get details of our special deals!!

Mr Price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭furerer

hop2it wrote: »
    court was probably on holidays :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Didn't realise crime took a holiday........still, it is Ireland we're talking about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

furerer wrote: »
    Didn't realise crime took a holiday........still, it is Ireland we're talking about

Well I understand the Dail recess this summer was until September 29, so that's three months when the thieves, thugs and gougers are off-duty.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

Mr. Price wrote: »
    Hi!

Thanks to everyone for your support and comments on the new Mr Price in Enniscorthy!

Keep an eye out for our new Facebook & Twitter pages in the coming weeks if you would like to get details of our special deals!!

Mr Price!

Any plans to open new outlets...is this the new Aldi/Lidl ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mr. Price

Hi - thanks for your post.

The store is a discount retailer - not a supermarket like Aldi or Lidl - as we do not carry grocery however you will find everything in the store from Food & Confectionery, Stationery, Household & Home Decor, Nappies & Baby Wipes, a fantastic Cards & Party section plus so much more.

If you are on Facebook check out our new Facebook Page which will give first details of all our current special offers and discounts.

Here is a link to it - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Mr-Price-Branded-Bargains/126200750766070

We have outlets in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre, Roxboro Shopping Centre Limerick, Enniscorthy, Cavan & Carlow - there are further units due to open soon so watch the Facebook page for details!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Ozzie

"Mr. Price, that's my name. That name again is Mr. Price!":)

Advertisement