Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES2011 Demo announced.

Options
  • 03-09-2010 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,537 ✭✭✭✭

PES2011 demo has been dated for PC and PS3.

PS3 PS+ users can download from Sep. 8th.
    PS3 normal users can download from Sep. 15th.

PC users can access the demo from Sep. 15th.

360 date has not yet been announced (hints it will be 15th)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Do we know at what stage of development the demo code was taken from?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,537 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Otacon wrote: »

On the WENB Gamescon podcast with John Murphy and SteM (can't remember his full real name) they said the demo was going to be final code. I haven't heard anything to suggest otherwise at this point and what I have read seems to confirm that it is indeed the case. (previous demo's were about 80% I believe).

EDIT:

On the 360 demo, it has not even been approved for XboxLive yet and, according to John Murphy, the best we can hope for is the 15th like PC and reg playstation users.

Otacon wrote: »

2006... with updated graphics :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Give this one a chance lads, improvements have been made. I really enjoyed my time with the beta last week, and that was only 60% apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murfo

demo is based on 100% code (apart from some last minute bugs according to Jon Murphy on twitter), features Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Internacional & Chivas Guadalajara.

more importantly, they will be 10 minute games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Ewwww PES. EWWWW!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

PS3 PS+ users can download from Sep. 8th.
    PS3 normal users can download from Sep. 15th.

What is a ps3 normal useR?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Vendetta

Someone who hasn't paid 15 euro so he can play pes a week early.

There is other stuff u can get like cheaper and free content, but just interested in pes.

Also i'm in Canada right now and i hear that mainland europe is getting the game on 30th September with Uk on 8th of October.

Does that apply to Ireland too? Is there sites in Ireland then that would ship to Canada for cheap or is there a mainland europe site that is recommended for this?

Would be nice to get the game as early as possible.

Vendetta wrote: »
    Someone who hasn't paid 15 euro so he can play pes a week early.

There is other stuff u can get like cheaper and free content, but just interested in pes.

Also i'm in Canada right now and i hear that mainland europe is getting the game on 30th September with Uk on 8th of October.

Does that apply to Ireland too? Is there sites in Ireland then that would ship to Canada for cheap or is there a mainland europe site that is recommended for this?

Would be nice to get the game as early as possible.

UK and Ireland have the same dates.

With regards to getting a mainland europe version - apparently it will not be in English and will not have english selectable. Now, that may not be an issue for you, but it is certainly stopping me from thinking about importing it.

Oh, and having signed up for ps+ yesterday (:o) I was plesantly surprised to see Abe's Odyssey is one of the free downloads for ps+ users this month. 'appy days.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

brilliant! can't wait for this demo.

i switched to FIFA a couple of years ago but things are looking a lot better this year...fingers crossed!

• Advertisement

The language does matter i'm from Dublin :)

Ok cool have to order it from shopto then.

What time does the store update?

oh don't forget that you can share content on up to 5 ps3 accounts. 3 euro each is nothing.

You have to log into each PS3 with the same PSN details, go into account managment and download history (I think it's something like that not looked for ages)

Not saying it will work but worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

So has anyone played the demo yet?

Any thoughts?

going to have to wait til about 8 or 9 tonight to play the demo, gonna be a horrible wait.

Was hoping the automatic download feature would pick it up, but I think it is set to an early time on my machine so it won't have been available at the time my PS3 was booted up. SSSSSTOPID me. So I will have to wait til about 6.45 before I even start to download it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Its up on PS+ now im about 50% downloaded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

So, first impressions?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Not sure, very different, looks pretty poor graphics wise in normal play the players dont look great ill need more time to decide. No comentators is weird too.

Not sure, very different, looks pretty poor graphics wise in normal play the players dont look great ill need more time to decide. No comentators is weird too.

only managed to play one game but i am liking the feel of it already - i have mi**** a good few passes but i love that I can mi**** passes. Not got my head round the new defending style or round the dribbling either.

Still promising.

On the graphics - apparently they have been slightly downgraded to keep the file size low(ish) for the download. don't know how true that is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Demo still insists in that stupid unskippable demo video. Looks interesting especially the way you can assign certain feints to players etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

only managed to play one game but i am liking the feel of it already - i have mi**** a good few passes but i love that I can mi**** passes. Not got my head round the new defending style or round the dribbling either.

Still promising.

On the graphics - apparently they have been slightly downgraded to keep the file size low(ish) for the download. don't know how true that is though.

Dribbling in the current game is the worst yet, not sure what changes they did, but it has to be for the better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Got some nice passing done without the overt guidance by the engine, nice. Got some nice and "authentic" feeling shots skimming the bar and saved by the goalie as they would. Saw some ridiculously passive AI defense with my lad running down the wing and cutting to the center to find the whole midfield up till the box empty. Experienced some annoying delays in passing (two steps from press of a button, basic pass and not even particularly forceful).

In general feels like they're got some crucial things right, but it feels quite unfinished at this stage.

Looks like another FIFA year for me. The fact that PES graphics are worse, and the menus are ugly as hell means absolutely nothing to me, the tactics or "game plan" screen was stupid but most of my time would still be spent actually playing the game than in the menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I didn't buy PES last year and I only tried the demo. The demo this year is rather good. Big improvement over last years anyway.

I usually buy FIFA and the controls seemed rather new to me so it took me a while to get the hang of it.

It's enjoyable enough and may warrant a purchase this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

PES will always be **** on PS3 IMO. Fifa is just too far ahead for PES to catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

PES will always be **** on PS3 IMO. Fifa is just too far ahead for PES to catch up.

Here we go again! What a ridiculous thing to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I don't want to start another FIFA V PES debate but could you care to explain why you singled out PS3 and not the 360 too?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looking forward to this,roll on wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

As always making the transition to a new Pro Ev is tricky, so much more freedom in this most of my passes go exactly where I want them to. I hope they improve the shooting, I've yet to score a 25yarder from open play, the tricks are pretty cool once you know the right time to use them. I did hear that its about an 80% build and they obviously took a hit on the graphics for the download.
    Heres a FK I scored today, I think I managed to score about 2 free kicks in 2010..

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Demo is quiet good and it feels a lot better than 2010.

I think the dribbling isn't fluid....they moved totally away from 2009 Dribbling which I know was over the top going through a whole team but the animation and movement felt right......this feels like running on a pitch of mud or a water logged pitch.

Passing is good but dribbling and the feeling of being on the ball they have not got right.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭steve french

this is going to be the first year i haven't bought pes since the iss days. to be honest the last decent one was pes 6 and every year they say they will improve it but they dont. this year they said the entire game was going to be a completly new game built from scratch but it basically the same game as previous years. fifa is the game for me this year and if its anything like the world cup game its going to be very good as that was a huge improvement on fifa 10 even though fifa 10 was already a good game..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Played this last night at a friends house (ps3). Straight away the graphics are miles ahead of Fifa imo. It just looks so much crisper and the scale of players looks more natural.

Its slow which I like and there is big emphasis on passing. However some of the passes even though id be pointing in a certain direction just seemed to go the wrong way.

The shooting is another gripe. We were scoring for fun. One shot from outside the box which should of been a bolt of a shot sort of floated into the top corner.

BUT and the biggest gripe is the goalkeepers are absolutely shocking. One shot from outside the box in the replay it actually showed the goalkeeper moving his hands down out of the balls way just as it was going past and then up again. It was very strange.

So many goals it just seemed all we had to do was tap shoot and it would go in somehow. Horrible Horrible goalkeeping.

I wished Fifa looked like pes apart from that its not great.

Advertisement