Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES2011 Demo announced.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just finished playing my first few games of the demo. I will definitely be picking this up when it comes out. I like the slower pace of the game and I think the passing works really well.

I haven't gotten the hang of shooting yet, but that will come. They have finally improved the graphics to a pretty decent standard. I like some of the player animations, such as clapping a good attempted pass. Another touch I like the is the blur effect in the replays.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I pushed up all the attacking options and it got much better as strikers start making better runs for passes. Played some co-op against the computer and it was a great laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

SeanyMc22 wrote: »
    I've yet to score a 25yarder from open play,

A good thing surely? Realistic, no?
    Anyway, I'm an xbox user. Looking forward to this. As always I'll try both Fifa and PES and see which I prefer. Any ideas when the 360 demo is coming? All I've heard is unconfirmed mentions of the 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Dr. Loon wrote: »
    A good thing surely? Realistic, no?
    Anyway, I'm an xbox user. Looking forward to this. As always I'll try both Fifa and PES and see which I prefer. Any ideas when the 360 demo is coming? All I've heard is unconfirmed mentions of the 15th.

Whoo hoo. Xbox demo coming tomorrow as well

http://www.gamershell.com/news_102494.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

joe123 wrote: »
    Played this last night at a friends house (ps3). Straight away the graphics are miles ahead of Fifa imo.
    Seriously? I'm using the default camera view and the players look extremely jaggy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Vendetta

Demos good, hope u guys like it as much as I do.

Can't wait for the full game. Its annoying u can only play barca v bayern and the other copa team together.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Probably been asked 1000 times over but do they have a full EPL license (team wise) this time or is just select teams again?

PC demo released and can be downloaded here

http://dl.pes2011.konamionline.com/pes2011/package/PES2011_Demo.exe

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Vendetta

Select teams, spurs is one of them the other i cant remember one of the top 4 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

No sign of it on xbox, anyone know if it was confirmed for today?

Market place link
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-IE/games/default.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭srfc d16

Keith186 wrote: »
    No sign of it on xbox, anyone know if it was confirmed for today?

Market place link
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-IE/games/default.htm

Should be up there now according to pes website and twitter.
    "PC version will be on our pes site around 1am CET. 360 should be mid morning. PS3 around 4pm"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

XBox version is up there now. I've kicked off the download from marketplace.xbox.com - seems to be a gold only download for now.

Can't wait to get home - PES and FIFA Demos on the same day. Joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

PC version:

Initial impressions are good, moving the feints to a sort of Streetfighter style system kinda works with the RS (using ps2 pad on PC).

Passing is brilliant thik they have that nailed on, fluid movement of the ball works. Shooting seems to be a fine art i have yet to master easy to finish low into the corners but any height and your playing lotto with your shot.

Overall seems a better game but im sure theres a massive ****up waiting to be found in the full game (which i intend on buying on the strenght of the demo).

Graphics are nice 1920 on High and its loks nice no slowdown or tear or the dreaded vsync bug.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    PC version:

Initial impressions are good, moving the feints to a sort of Streetfighter style system kinda works with the RS (using ps2 pad on PC).

Passing is brilliant thik they have that nailed on, fluid movement of the ball works. Shooting seems to be a fine art i have yet to master easy to finish low into the corners but any height and your playing lotto with your shot.

Overall seems a better game but im sure theres a massive ****up waiting to be found in the full game (which i intend on buying on the strenght of the demo).

Graphics are nice 1920 on High and its loks nice no slowdown or tear or the dreaded vsync bug.

How do you change your graphics? Doesn't let me go into the settings area..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Exe in the install folder called settings :)

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Exe in the install folder called settings :)

Thanks, the ****ty res was wrecking my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Hey lads...some day for football fans!

What size is the ProEvo2011 demo coming in at for the PS3?

Can't wait get home and play this!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Hey lads...some day for football fans!

What size is the ProEvo2011 demo coming in at for the PS3?

Can't wait get home and play this!!

PES is 1.8 gigs and FIFA is 1.3

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

snowblind wrote: »
    Experienced some annoying delays in passing (two steps from press of a button, basic pass and not even particularly forceful).

I f*ckin hate that :mad: . Thats one of the main things that really f*cked up the last 2 versions of the game for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Didn't enjoy the demo at all I have to say. It just feels like it's lacking in a lot of departments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Definately not buying pro evo this year. Extremely sickened with the gameplay. Penalties have me going mental already

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Please please be good this year PES. I kept giving it chances to redeem itself...the demo size is way to big for me to download. Can't wait to play the full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I think the demo is great so far. I find it takes a bit of getting used to after playing a different footy game for a year. Very good. Looking forward to getting the full game. Gonna try the Fifa demo tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Played the demo a few more times and its a better game than last year but still so much to be fixed. Those annyoing free kicks for hardly touching anybody are still there but get hacked down in the box and dont get a penalty. Passing is good but then at times then just a random simple pass could go anywhere. Goalkeepers are still retarded too and that really annoyed me in the last game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

Ill buy it if the online actually works. Graphics look great..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Played two games last night (both Barcelona v Munich) and enjoyed it a lot more than previous years.

Gameplay was more responsive than previous years, got used to the passing easily enough and liked how it has been slowed down. I think the overall feel of the pitch and it is used is about right. However, there were a couple of things I noticed; 1. The cutscenes were impressive but the ingame graphics did seem a bit jaggy, this is by no means something that would stop me from buying the game, just thought I'd raise it. 2. The shooting takes more time to get used to, very hard now to get top corner goal as everything needs to be perfect (distance from goal v strength of shot v angle u are at)

I didnt try any of the skills but ill have another go tonight aswell as trying FIFA11...

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

Played about 3 games yday:

Passing is improved greatly

Didnt once keep the ball in my possession when winning a sliding tackle, bobbled loose, lot more realistic

Shooting is going to take getting used to

Keepers in the demo at least are shocking tho, they better be improved

Dont like the camera, how its angled when it get nears the goaline, might look a lot more like a tv broadcast, but is very awkward

Got to say I'm impressed with it tho. Definatley better than last year. All the good PES games of years gone by had a learning curve, weren't enjoyable until you got used to the new game, hope this is one of them.

Oh and I tried FIFA, its still pants as far as I'm concerned! :p

Played 2 games last night and first impressions are that its a lot different, which is obviously a good thing! The passing and general gameplay is much more intuitive. The whole game just feels tighter and not like the last couple of games which had a kinda lose messy feel about them - if you know what i mean! The shooting and the power bar have changed a good bit as well, and will take a little bit of getting used to, which again has to be a good thing imo.
    Haven't played a human on it yet tho. So that will be the major test for me as i'm not a big fan of just playing the computer.

• Advertisement

flugel wrote: »
    All the good PES games of years gone by had a learning curve, weren't enjoyable until you got used to the new game, hope this is one of them.

Very much agree with this statement. And thats the impression I got from the demo. That it'll be "a grower". Looks like we might finally have our PES back! fingers crossed anyway

Advertisement