Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES2011 Demo announced.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

The cutscenes were impressive but the ingame graphics did seem a bit jaggy,

I read somewhere that the graphics were scaled down for the demo? Anyone else know anything about this?

I found the passing to be excellent, and when a pass went in the wrong direction, it was because I wasn't paying attention and directing the pass correctly. I found this good, as you need to weight and direct your passes properly.

Still haven't nailed shooting. Seems a lot more sensitive, more realistic, but I imagine when you get a good strike the reward will be well earned. Tackling and jostling seems much improved.

Keepers a bit dodgy alright, and I'm not liking the menu's. Overall, very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Srooney03

Having swithed 2 Fifa the past two years i have to say that i was more impressed with the PES demo than the FIFA....o what will i buy?????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Played two games last night on it and the big difference is the passing. It's a lot better and love how you have to weight your pass. A few here are on about the goalies, well in the two games I played he was superhuman. Haven't scored a goal yet but especially in the 2nd game I played Butt pulled off 3 or 4 class saves.

Will be buying the game as per normal and really looking forward to it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I quite like PES a lot, maybe more than FIFA11, but since both are so totally different I can justify getting both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I've fallen in love with the game all over again :D

Konami have definitly pulled out all the right stops, rather than just upgrading previous years, they actually built it up from scratch this time.

I like the new game plan layout, took a but of time to get used to, but know it all now.

The passing, the passing! It's finally freeflow. If I want to pass the ball between two certain defenders, I finally can, and with decent accuracy. This took time to get used to as well, and still hitting it off defenders sometimes, but overall I'm very impressed with it.

Keepers seem okay, but made a foolish mistake when I was Barcelona. Running with Messi down the wing, it's as if the keeper assumed I was going to cross it in, so stood on his six-yard box. I just took a shot instead and crept in. Hopefully the keeper code wasn't complete and will be improved in the full game.

Grpahics, as Jon Murphy said, were degraded for the demo, but still looked okay.

I must say, PES is back on track again. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Whats the story with the camera angle? I like the traditional view (althought this one could grow on me).

Can you trigger an AI teammate to make a run like you can on FIFA? Often times I find myself just inside the right or left wing, a guy on my outside, who instead of making a run, just stands there and gives me no options.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sometimes when I try to pass the ball to another player it completely misses him or else goes out of play :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

sometimes when I try to pass the ball to another player it completely misses him or else goes out of play :confused:

This is a new feature of the game - it encourages you to think about how far you need the ball to go and also requires accuracy, not like in older games when you just press pass in the general direction and the ball goes straight to the player.

Gives more realism to the game I think...also also gives you the power to make passes between two defenders which is pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭doledude86

was a long time pro player then defected to FIFA but having played both demo's think ill be buying Pro really impressed with it this year....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

This game is miles different to 2010. The gameplay is great, as everyone says, passing is great. The ball balloons for some shots, the same way a modern football does if you hit it wrong.
    2 things I don't like:
    Players names over their heads. I turned it off, but no option of the old-fashioned name bar at the bottom of the screen.
    Players stats go down when they're played out of position. This makes no sense, I wish Konami would drop it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,083 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Paparazzo wrote: »
    This game is miles different to 2010. The gameplay is great, as everyone says, passing is great. The ball balloons for some shots, the same way a modern football does if you hit it wrong.
    2 things I don't like:
    Players names over their heads. I turned it off, but no option of the old-fashioned name bar at the bottom of the screen.
    Players stats go down when they're played out of position. This makes no sense, I wish Konami would drop it.

Im pretty sure they had this in the last game too. They had a lower overal rating and the player seemed to be slower anyways.

Im pretty sure they had this in the last game too. They had a lower overal rating and the player seemed to be slower anyways.

Yeah, it really annoys me. A fullback on the wrong side shouldn't be slower. A striker playing in the hole loses his ability to shoot? It makes no sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I am in love with the new PES. The passing allows for more free flowing attacking football, especially playing as Barcelona. Scored an absolute cracker with Villa; passed forward on the ground from midfield to Ibrahimovich who touched it back to Villa, hit it first time and it curled in off the crossbar. The swerve was huge on the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

This new passing is gonna make it a frustrating night in with da boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Have to say im really liking this !! Been playin demo for a bit tonight still not managed to score lol lot harder in this sense which i like.

The passing much improved but again u get the kinda ''wet pitch affect'' alot which i hope is improved in final game. Shooting is much harder seems like 20 30 yards goals will not be so simple like used to in last few years.

There is deffo still some little details to be ironed out with player movement and gameplay BUT im seriously confused which to pay now as to be honest i feel fifa is same game this year with just few little changes.

Also did anyone see game demo after u play a game lol some of the pitch and player editting looks so funny!!! Mario land still pitchs and backgrounds big sweets for footballs lol just some things i noticed :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

After playing both demos I am being pulled back to Pro Evo, I dont see a massive change from Fifa World Cup to Fifa 11 and Pro Evo feels like the days gone by where it is going to take a while to get used to the game which was always a good thing. The online Master League could be good crack , i can see myself giving pro evo a chance again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Today is d-day for me. Played Fifa for last 3 years but completely lost interest in the game due to the ease you can quit online. Both demos are waiting for me when I get home later today.

Two will enter, one will leave etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Today is d-day for me. Played Fifa for last 3 years but completely lost interest in the game due to the ease you can quit online. Both demos are waiting for me when I get home later today.

Two will enter, one will leave etc etc.

I have a feeling anyone who got pissed off with Fifa for various reasons will go back to Pro Evo, BUT the little things the got a lot of people really pissed with fifa could all be just sitting in waiting in pro evo, easy quitting with little or no penalty, impossible custom formations to name just two.

Was any of the above a problem in Pes10 ??

Downloaded and played 2 games of pro evo 2011 on wednesday night, downloaded FIFA11 last night and played 2 games of that and then played 2 more games of Pro Evo.

Lads...I think I've been converted back to the glorious world of PES. I used to be PES in the PS2 days but have bought FIFA the past 2 years but all of a sudden....FIFA isn't that fun anymore! In the FIFA Demo thread everyone was saying how its so different to last years one but I didn't see much difference at all. Its still essentially the same game but wow, PES has completely gotten over that hump it was stuck on for the past few years. Its like PES has finally arrived on a next (now current) gen console!

PES2011 is really good fun...I haven't had a chance to play with anyone else but I'd say playin against a mate would be great craic, just like the old days

Hopefully the full game will clear up a few little things such as the graphics but I know where my hard earned money will be going this year...

Did anybody notice in the menus, when you press x, a noise is made that sounds just like the old ISS Pro noise.

I can also imagine when picking internationals, that the respective country will light up in the background. That is the exact same as ISS Pro as well. :D Nice of Konami to throw those things in.

• Advertisement

bennyc wrote: »
    I have a feeling anyone who got pissed off with Fifa for various reasons will go back to Pro Evo, BUT the little things the got a lot of people really pissed with fifa could all be just sitting in waiting in pro evo, easy quitting with little or no penalty, impossible custom formations to name just two.

No, you couldn't quit online. Could be annoying, you get the odd player that would go a goal up and they pass to around the back for the rest of the game. Actually, the online is terribly, it was better even on the ps2.
    But you can make any formation you want, that's not a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

I play PES10 online on pc a lot and a lot of people quit alright.

Ok i'll admit, i was skeptical when reading this thread, assumed everyone raving about it were the ones who taught the past 2/3 PES's were decent enough anyway.

So i just gave the demo a go earlier, and i have to say it's a MASSIVE improvement, i wouldn't go as far to say i liked it more then 11 though.

But i think if this came out last year it would have been equal to FIFA 10, which imo was a big let down.

This does suffer one or two of the same problems the shooting especially from distance seems to be more miss then anything else, and there's too much of a emphasis on short passing(no reward for playing a long ball) with too much accuracy in them.

But overall i'd say in some ways its better then FIFA 10, it's just after playing the 11 demo i feel EA have improved most aspects in every way(advantage from corners back to the offensive team, crosses/heading improved, shooting from distance feels more authentic, passing has more weaight and feel to the passes etc...)

All said and done it's a big improvement, they just need to get a better feel to your man on the ball, it doesn't seem changed from the PS2 days, still very flimsy, other departments don't seem to be overly off putting then that one. I don't think it will take 11's title but its nice to see it return to some form of grace.

I hate this ''FIFA vs Pro'' crap it doesn't need to be one or the other, does anyone ever really play 1 for the FULL year?..... for me i'd rather see two great games as i can switch to the other when i'm sick of one.

And this year if/when i'm bored of 11, i could see myself picking this up which i wouldn't have done the past 3 years.

P.S.. one big gripe i had in my one game so far i was wondering if someone could advise me. When you have the ball is there not a button to send a man on a run?.... i tried the FIFA L1 button but it didn't seem to work, not did any of the other buttons, seems a bit silly that you couldn't send a player on a run for a through ball, am i missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

I'm really impressed with the Demo but the only thing putting me off is Konami not having the license for the premier league! Is there anything I could download which enable real crests, jerseys etc etc. BTW I play a ps3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

James_LWAU wrote: »
    I'm really impressed with the Demo but the only thing putting me off is Konami not having the license for the premier league! Is there anything I could download which enable real crests, jerseys etc etc. BTW I play a ps3
    A month or 2 after the game is out there should be downloads with real jerseys names and crests

James_LWAU wrote: »

You can usually find some good ones on http://www.pesgaming.com about 2-3 weeks after the game is released. You're better off checking the forums rather than the files category.

But since Konami has now put in a huge edit mode, there will be people who will create entire leagues which will take a while. But then again, some people will just create the Premier League. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

A month or 2 after the game is out there should be downloads with real jerseys names and crests

I got one the day PES2010 was released last year, on the Friday.

I enjoy both footy games, fifa world cup this year was awesome, but this evo demo looks good, i like the manual passing

I played this again last night and I am really loving it now...don't think I have looked forward to a football game this much in a long long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

don't really know what to think.
    hate the way the dribbling is still super slow, and the penalty system is still crap..bought Pro Evo every year, but might get Fifa this year..:(:confused:confused:

Yes I really hate the penalties...

• Advertisement

don't really know what to think.
    hate the way the dribbling is still super slow, and the penalty system is still crap..bought Pro Evo every year, but might get Fifa this year..:(:confused:confused:

Yes I really hate the penalties...

You can increase the game speed by pausing it and going to system settings (or something like that). Change it to +1, I did that and found the extra speed to help.

The penalties are the same as last year. All you do is hold square for about a second, then move the analog left or right (or leave it if you want to hit it down the middle) for a second as well. It takes practise so go to Training in PES2010 and work at it, they'll soon fly in top-corner. :)

Advertisement