Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dangerous Snorkelling in Bray

Options
  • 03-09-2010 11:25am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi,

I just wanted to describe events that occured while snorkelling yesterday evening, see what anyone might think.

I went to the rocks on the south end of Bray beach at high tide. I had a Kodak Playsport camera so I was shooting some video of the Mullet and Wrasse, crabs and such. Beautiful day, water was warm(ish) and clear. All in all a glorious evening.

My friend got out and I was 2 minutes behind him. When I got out he asked if I saw what happened, two men in their 30s had been trying to brain me with rocks, while I was out in ten feet of water. I was oblivious to all this while filming. He said they came very close to hitting me.

When he told them to stop they turned on him with rocks, threats and abuse, it nearly resulted in the two men attacking him.

So I reported it to the Gardai just so it would be recorded, it was to late for them to do anything. I figured since my head was the only exposed part of my body, getting hit with a rock there while in such a depth of water could have easily have resulted in me drowning.

I'm very despondent about the state of the country and this just reinforces my urge to leave. My concern had previously been having everything stolen, as happened to an elderly year-round swimmer recently in Bray, he was left to walk home wet in his togs.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to protect yourself from these kinds of things while your swimming? Anywhere good and safe to go snorkelling in the north wicklow south Dublin area?

You can take precautions for water safety but I was shocked at the reckless disregard for someones safety by this incident. After this I wont go to Bray beach without a group.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭secman

Sorry to hear about your incident.
    These brain dead people never cease to amaze me, thing is when they need assistance, be it medical, financial or whatever, they then expect the people that they are a major pain to ie mainstream law abiding citizens to drop everything and tend to them immediately with undivided attention.

Best not say anymore.... feel a rant coming on ...............

Secman

Advertisement