Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Credit Card Payment Query

Options
  • 03-09-2010 11:38am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all!

I have a bill due for my AIB credit card this coming Monday. I have already used my online banking account to pay off all of the outstanding debt during this week. I however need to make a purchase with the card, and I am just wondering if I do so over the weekend will I be caught for interest when my bill goes out this Monday? I would be paying it off again straight away during next week.

Or am I just better off waiting until after Monday of next week to make the purchase?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

Hey all!

I have a bill due for my AIB credit card this coming Monday. I have already used my online banking account to pay off all of the outstanding debt during this week. I however need to make a purchase with the card, and I am just wondering if I do so over the weekend will I be caught for interest when my bill goes out this Monday? I would be paying it off again straight away during next week.

Or am I just better off waiting until after Monday of next week to make the purchase?

Thanks in advance!

Does your card not operate on a monthly basis, meaning the bill you get on Monday will be for transactions which occured in August? I think that's the case with most if not all credit cards.

If so, then any transactions which take place after the 1st Sept will not be charged and therefore not liable to interest till 1st, October so shop on I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭eagle_i

If you make a purchase over the weekend it will not hit your cc till Monday. In any event depending the cc you have the initial 30 days following purchase are interest free, therefore if you pay it off within the month no interest will accrue.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Mr Magners wrote: »
    Does your card not operate on a monthly basis, meaning the bill you get on Monday will be for transactions which occured in August? I think that's the case with most if not all credit cards.

If so, then any transactions which take place after the 1st Sept will not be charged and therefore not liable to interest till 1st, October so shop on I think

Just checked my last statement I got in the post, seems it actually covered the dates between 12th July - 12th August with the payment due date set at September 6th. I'm guessing Ill be getting my next statement around Sept 12th and anything I purchase now will be covered on that one?

Advertisement