Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duke Nukem Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's happening again!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I would love to have been a fly on the wall during the meeting where that decision was made.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

There is some emo going around on the net bought the CTF mode, seriously like, its a Duken Nukem game....

This isnt Daniel O'Donnell fending off alien invaders after our jumpers and grannies.

As the great John Rambo once said

"**** the world"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I read the news item on Gamespot just now - "Duke Nukem Forever Delayed."

Initially I read it as Duke Nukem......Forever Delayed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

At least they made some effort for the announcement video:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Duke has assumed messianic proportions, so we have to wait. At least I'll have more time to finish dragonage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

At least I'll have more time to finish dragonage.

Or more time to figure out why the **** we bought Homefront..............O wait that was just me then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'd say that they did it for the lolz :D

the_syco wrote: »
    I'd say that they did it for the lolz :D

I wish, but first of April is still far away. They are delaying by a whole month, I bet it has to do something with that arse slap. I can't even find video to see it..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

sarumite wrote: »
    I read the news item on Gamespot just now - "Duke Nukem Forever Delayed."

Initially I read it as Duke Nukem......Forever Delayed.
    As did I. Pic related

Foreverdelayed.jpg?t=1300987510

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

princess_is_in_another_castle.gif

Mindkiller wrote: »
    As did I. Pic related

Foreverdelayed.jpg?t=1300987510

and 1 more:

GSvjL.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'll admitt I was laughing watching the video announcement; "Duke never comes early", "This is bull****!", "Nothing can stop this launch, not even Duke himself".

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I wish, but first of April is still far away. They are delaying by a whole month
    Ah, but that's the beauty of it. It isn't an April fools joke. It's a long running joke that has gone on for 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

This game better be good............ Though I guess the trill of pissing in a jax and throwing money at a wh0re will never grow old

2 New Gameplay videos,

for realz:

http://www.duke4.net/comment.php?comment.news.441

Absolutely love the Vegas skyline in the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

WTF @ the second video. **** happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Sure hope theres an achievement for finishing the game using only the poop. Or for a poop field goal at least.

Duke Nukem Forever: pure juvenile humour......when can I buy it??

Okay.. Okay.... I loled

It was stupid, but funny.

Btw I was told they don't accept balls if steel prebookings anymore. All copies got booked out. Looks like it will be limited edition, for real lol

• Advertisement

The concept art put up on the duke nukem forever site is worth a look too.

Why oh why can't i resist viewing all these
    s

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Oh I cannot wait for this game :D Got many laughs playing it so I hope this will be the same.

waveform wrote: »
    The concept art put up on the duke nukem forever site is worth a look too.

Why oh why can't i resist viewing all these
    s

And just as i said that, i went and watched the most spoilerific video since the trailer: :rolleyes:

God damn it.
    I should REALLY just wait for the bleedin demo,
    and act like an ostrich til then.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I fùckin' lol'd at that 2nd video. That sorta juvenille stuff is what I'm expecting from Duke :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

im so glad i pre booked balls of steel edition now lol when is the release date now?

Wow, that gameplay footage looks immense.

The Story Behind Duke Nukem: (Episode One)

Only 3 mins in, but this looks great already, brings back a lot of memories:

http://www.duke4.net/comment.php?comment.news.444

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

cant wait for this to be released. as a matter of interest, what is your guys favourite nukem game? i presume most will say duke nukem 3d, as i would. but a time to kill had one of the best multiplayers ever, loved that game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I hope they have an outrageous difficulty level with respawning monsters (Damn I'm good).

I played a good bit of the first one at one stage, but played loads of Duke3d. I played just a bit of DN2, I think it was free on the Duke 3d disc? I dunno, I remember the first level or so on a few different episodes, you could aim upwards and downwards, something you couldn't do in the first. Duke 3d really pushed forward with jetpacks, pipebombs, tripmines, freezer, shrinker and a load of really great levels. Good to see some of the old bad guys returning with portable teleporters etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Remember the first Duke game on our old PC, so much fun. And now free from the 3dRealms website :D (well shareware version anyways)

Advertisement