Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duke Nukem Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Jonny7 wrote: »
    people only watched "snakes on a plane" bc of all that, its a ****e film that no one saw a second time

SOAP was f*cking awesome. I BID YOU GOOD DAY SIR.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

stimpson wrote: »

Multiplayer in shrink mode is going to be the most fun ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Okay. This is going to be legendary. That last trailer us just freaking amazing. I honestly can't see how they can feck it up now.

Oh man... So annoyed they changed release date... I could be "touching it" by now :(.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Okay. This is going to be legendary. That last trailer us just freaking amazing. I honestly can't see how they can feck it up now.

Oh man... So annoyed they changed release date... I could be "touching it" by now :(.

But we do get it first now at least.

• Advertisement

I wish they would release the demo. I preorderd and have my access code and all - just wanna play me some Duke.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,381 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Who's doing the balls of steel edition in Ireland?

Preferably on the ps3 or pc

So with the demo lingering around the corner.....

Have any boardies received a First Access Club code yet,
    and where and how did ye buy the game? online/instore etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I got the email the other day about the demo, asking me to go onto the website again and enter my details again so they can know what my platform of choice will be for the demo. Feck that!. Wasn't bothered with all that.

Just debating whether or not with to buy this from gamestop,

as i have no idea if they give first access or not.

Tempted to pre-order it right not as they claim they will deliver it on our before June 10th.

• Advertisement

waveform wrote: »
    Just debating whether or not with to buy this from gamestop,

as i have no idea if they give first access or not.

Tempted to pre-order it right not as they claim they will deliver it on our before June 10th.
    Their price for the PC version is actually pretty good. you would expect it to be €40 since it is Gamestop. €33 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Pre-ordered the the Balls Of Steel version for the Xbox in Game yesterday, but they couldn't give me a price (or even an approximate price-range) for it. Any ideas, lads?

Their price for the PC version is actually pretty good. you would expect it to be €40 since it is Gamestop. €33 delivered.

Yeah its great, and has more of a chance of being shipped within Ireland than ordering on Amazon.

I actually forgot that you had to buy Borderlands to get the first access pass,

i could have sworn I saw somewhere that if you pre-ordered from a certain site or 2, that you'd also get early access as part of a bonus.

deathrider wrote: »
    Pre-ordered the the Balls Of Steel version for the Xbox in Game yesterday, but they couldn't give me a price (or even an approximate price-range) for it. Any ideas, lads?
    Game will never give you the price for preorders when you preorder, especially on Collector's editions. If it's the Pc version, then go with the HMV site. I did a trial run of ordering it there today for £40 plus £2.50 delivery and I would let me place an order.
    http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=-1;6;-1;-1;42&sku=72169&_tag.WT.ac=pc+games-PBODY-HC_PC_PREORDER_LEAD-72169

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭oneill787

this game should not be fps, il still get it though. but if i want fps i play cod

• Registered Users Posts: 54,381 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i ordered the balls of steel edition (for the pc) the other day and it took my order and I rang up customer care to make sure and they told me they'll post it to ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

oneill787 wrote: »
    this game should not be fps, il still get it though. but if i want fps i play cod

Say whut?:confused:
    Screw COD.Duke was here 1st

Headshot wrote: »
    i ordered the balls of steel edition (for the pc) the other day and it took my order and I rang up customer care to make sure and they told me they'll post it to ireland
    Christ, you dont do anything by halves do you Headshot? I suppose, if it meant putting your mind at ease then why not. I too would be worrying that they would turn around on the day it's supposed to ship and then cancel the order. I dont think I'm gonna go for the Balls of Steel version. I had it purchased and then cancelled it. Came to my senses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭oneill787

Say whut?:confused:
    Screw COD.Duke was here 1st

yeah but it wudn be the same as an fps 3rd person ftw especially with duke

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Why? Dukes best game to date was an FPS.
    Im really not sure what you mean?

• Advertisement

ZAvvi have it discounted on preorder at the moment. £36 for a console, £25 quid for PC. They sent me my access code within a couple of days too.

It's also available for preorder on Steam now for 45 quid.

And who the **** plays CoD? It's for little girls. Duke is a mans game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Oh god.... Duke nuken was fps even before cod was even thought of. If you want fps cod should be the last game you need to play...

Duke is a legend. Cod is a summer movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The third person Duke Nukem games on the ps1 were pretty rubbish. Duke Nukem 3D on the other hand is legendary.

In other words, Duke Nukem IS fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Duke is old-skool FPS whereas COD is an annual "Hollywood" franchise that's ran out of steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Game will never give you the price for preorders when you preorder, especially on Collector's editions. If it's the Pc version, then go with the HMV site. I did a trial run of ordering it there today for £40 plus £2.50 delivery and I would let me place an order.
    http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=-1;6;-1;-1;42&sku=72169&_tag.WT.ac=pc+games-PBODY-HC_PC_PREORDER_LEAD-72169

It's actually the Xbox 360 version I'm looking for, so I have a fear it's really going to milk my wallet. It's a pain that the don't give the costumers prices. It was the same with Mortal Kombat last month. Luckily there wasn't a big price difference in the regular and collector editions there.

o1s1n wrote: »
    The third person Duke Nukem games on the ps1 were pretty rubbish. Duke Nukem 3D on the other hand is legendary.

In other words, Duke Nukem IS fps.

All games after Duke3D were made by 3rd parties anyway, so they weren't really "Duke Nukem" games imo.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Bit of new footage:

Seen it at PAX (parts of it anyway)

So, there's health regneration and bloody screens. Perfect. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Bit of new footage:

Seen it at PAX (parts of it anyway)

So, there's health regneration and bloody screens. Perfect. :(

I get frustrated even watching someone play a first person shooter with a pad. Look at that clumsy tilt-panning.

Mouse. Give him a mouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Anybody else sick of seeing that Stadium level by now? The game isn't even out and I already know how to complete it :pac:

It's either that or Duke out in the canyons, you'd swear those were the only two levels in the game worthy of showing to people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

it'll never be out, it never existed it was all a piss take :L either that or the development team work 5 minutes a day

Advertisement